Reporting to the Vice President of Business Solutions in US Services Segment—and working collaboratively with the senior leadership team across Maximus—this is an opportunity to build the solutions that will usher in the next wave of healthcare, human services, and public health services for millions of people across the country.
You will be responsible for providing overall solution vision, strategy, and execution for key pieces of solutions across the Medicaid Enterprise Systems market. You will be the go-to subject matter expert for the people, process and technology components of your specific market area supporting business development, operations and technology partners with ensuring Maximus has the best solution in the market for our customers.
The Sr. Director, Business Solutions is the owner and advocate for user experiences, product features, and solution partnerships at Maximus. You will work closely with our Business Development organization, Business Operations, and Technology Teams to build strong customer value propositions into our solutions and proposals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Drive client-specific solution architecture, solution development, and communication in a complex technology environment of Maximus and non-Maximus technologies.
– Work with solution architectures and pursuit teams to define operational service and product functionality solutions for new business opportunities.
– Interface with business developers, account managers, competency managers, and executive management throughout all phases of solution development.
– Participate in solution selling activities to ensure that marketing plans align with sales and launch plans.
– Assist and support activities to reduce gaps or inconsistencies in solutions, architectural design, deliverables, benefits, and messaging.
– Become a respected subject matter expert in one of Maximus’s key solution areas. Perform demonstrations and discuss product strategy and roadmaps in the context of market, technology and regulatory trends.
– Bachelor’s Degree
– 12+ years of experience
– Hands on experience with a multitude of healthcare and Medicaid business and technical services in commercial or government environments across all phases of the program lifecycle.
– Experience in MMIS (Medicaid Management Information System) delivery/operations, product management, implementations, account management, or similar.
– Creative thinking, problem solving, planning, time-management, communication, and organization skills to balance and prioritize work.
Education and Experience Requirements
- MES/MMIS experience in the business or technical operations across various MITA business areas such as: Member, provider, claims and centralized business services.
- Knowledge of Digital Health and Health and Human Services market preferred.
- Collaborative and organizationally aware.
- Ability to communicate, influence, and persuade business and technology leaders and peers.
- Understands business process management, workflow and integration methods/tools.
- Comfortable, experienced, and accomplished at working with business executives and able to push back in a professional and diplomatic manner.
- Ability to travel is required.
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Maximus compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to a candidate’s education, training, experience, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value analysis including seniority and merit systems, as well as internal pay alignment. Annual salary is just one component of Maximus’s total compensation package. Other rewards may include short- and long-term incentives as well as program-specific awards. Additionally, Maximus provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off. Compensation shall be commensurate with job duties and relevant work experience. An applicant’s salary history will not be used in determining compensation.