Centene is transforming technology and creating a digital evolution that will empower us to better serve our over 25 million members. Our scope covers all forms of healthcare, including Medicaid, Medicare, Marketplace, Commercial, and even specialty coverage.
Job Locations: Tampa, FL; Atlanta, GA
As a Senior Actuarial Analyst , your talents and skills will be challenged, recognized and rewarded. We are a pay-for-performance environment that promotes employees based on talent and contribution. In order to maintain our tremendous growth in this space, our over 400 member Actuary team is growing . Located across the country, this team uses:
– Technical skills to build leading edge models, predict outcomes and assess future impacts
– Business skills to develop strategy with senior leadership
– Personal skills to interact with state, federal and private employer customers
– Management skills to organize cross department projects
In this Senior Actuarial Analyst role, you will:
– Assist in financial analysis, pricing and risk assessment to estimate outcomes.
– Apply knowledge of mathematics, probability, statistics, principles of finance and business to calculate financial outcomes
– Assist with developing probability tables based on analysis of statistical data and other pertinent information
– Analyze and evaluate required premium rates
– Assess cash reserves and liabilities enable payment of future benefits
– Develop and run data reports
– Assist with determining the equitable basis for distributing money for insurance benefits
– Participate in merger and acquisition analysis
– Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
– Combination of years of experience and number of actuarial exams passed equals or exceeds 5 (Rule of 5). For example, 2 years of actuarial experience and 3 passed actuarial exams.
Combination of years of experience and number of actuarial exams passed equals or exceeds 5 (Rule of 5). For example, 2 years of actuarial experience and 3 passed actuarial exams.
Job Locations: Atlanta, FA; Tampa, FL
Areas of focus within our Actuarial Department includes: Medicare / Medicaid; Marketplace / Commercial; Risk Adjustment; Reserving; Analytics; Value-Based Contracting, Cost Reporting, and Health Policy
Centene Corporation, a FORTUNE 25 company, is the leading multi-national healthcare enterprise committed to helping people live healthier lives. We are revolutionizing the world of healthcare through digital transformation. Our world class teams use collective innovation to turn visions into action and challenge what is possible.
We are an industry leader with a local focus and a global vison:
– Listed on FORTUNE magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies List for 2nd consecutive year.
– Ranked No.2 on the FORTUNE 500 Measure Up Initiative, a new benchmark to identify companies building inclusive and fair workplaces.
– National footprint in all 50 states, serving 1 in 15 individuals in the U.S.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
TITLE: Sr. Actuarial Analyst – Medicaid
LOCATION: Tampa, Florida
COMPANY: Finance & Actuarial
POSITION TYPE: Both