Clipped from: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/social-science-research-analyst-at-centers-for-medicare-medicaid-services-3296398008/?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic
At CMS, we believe that at the core of our organization are the employees that carry out the Agency’s vision of advancing health equity, expanding coverage, and improving health outcomes.
About the role:
As a Social Science Research Analyst, you will serve as a research expert and team leader and member who will plan, implement, evaluate, and oversee market research using social marketing and communication techniques.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the developments, drafts, or reviews and manages the implementation of diverse research methodologies.
- Interpret qualitative and quantitative data and findings.
- Independently design, research, and interpret findings for planning and evaluation using quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
- Represent the agency at briefings and other meetings regarding the justification and approval of specific projects.
- Develop clearly written and concise issue papers, presentations, and talking points for senior staff.
Where we’re hiring:
This is a remote position; however, the position reports to a CMS Office on a periodic basis (e.g. 1-2 times per year). Requirements to report to the office will vary and can be discussed at the time of interview. As such, your pay will be based on your home address. For more information on locality and pay scales, please click here. Your worksite must be within the United States and you must adhere to all regulations and policies regarding remote work at CMS and in the federal government, including the signing of a remote work agreement.
Experience we’re looking for:
1) Managing or leading large-scale or quick turnaround qualitative or quantitative market research projects to assess and improve health communication materials, strategies, or initiatives.
2) Measuring and assessing target audience characteristics to recommend feasible solutions to health communication issues or to guide the development or refinement of health decision-making support tools.
3) Analyzing qualitative or quantitative data to be included in study reports- issue paper, or presentation materials.
4) Interpreting research findings to formulate actionable recommendations, guide health communications activities, or frame strategic decisions.
In addition to meeting the qualification requirements, all candidates must have the following educational requirements:
Degree: behavioral or social science; or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
Combination of education and experience that provided me with knowledge of one or more of the behavioral or social sciences equivalent to a major in the field.
Four (4) years of appropriate experience that demonstrated that I have acquired knowledge of one or more of the behavioral or social sciences equivalent to a major in the field.
You MUST apply through USAJOBS to be considered.
Come see why over 6,000 employees say CMS is their employer of choice! In addition to dynamic and exciting opportunities, CMS offers generous compensation and benefits programs, an outstanding work-life balance, and most important, the opportunity to give back to your community, state and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. For more information about careers at CMS, visit: https://go.cms.gov/Careers.
Apply by 10/14/22!