The Senior Analytics Consultant will lead the firm’s design and conducting of complex analyses using the Transformed Medicaid Statistical Information System (T-MSIS) data set to answer priority questions, meet the data analytic needs of our clients and generally advance our mission to improve the health and wellbeing of individuals and communities by making publicly funded health care, and the social services that support it, more accessible, equitable, and effective. With latitude for independent judgment, responsibilities are focused on interpreting and analyzing T-MSIS data and other large health care claims data sets and financial data from health care payers and providers. Additionally, the Senior Analyst will support the firm’s design and conducting of complex analysis using Medicare claims data sets and Medicare beneficiary demographic datasets. The Senior Analytics Consultant will operate in both a team environment and independently, with minimal supervision in a variety of projects to organize and analyze data for patterns, trends, and strategic insights in support of the firm’s consulting engagements. Lastly, the Senior Analytics Consultant will assist with all phases of quantitative research including programming, data management and the interpretation and presentation of results.
- Performs data extraction, uploading data, manipulation, cleaning, quality checking and analysis.
- Designs and conducts data analyses
- Utilizes the Transformed Medicaid Statistical Information System (T-MSIS) in the Virtual Research Data Center (VRDC)
- Works with other large health care and financial data sets, such as Medicare claims and Medicare beneficiary demographic data sets
- Interprets findings and prepare materials to clearly communicate analytical summations to management.
- Analyzes and creates reports to summarize data findings for clients
- Processes Medicaid eligibility, encounter and claims data to identify enrollment, utilization, and spending trends in Medicaid across or within states.
- Using eligibility, encounter and claims data, models the fiscal impact of changes to provider payment rates, billing rules, and modifications to service arrays.
- Assists in the development of audience-appropriate reports and presentations to summarize findings from analytical research associated with the tasks.
- All other job duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, economics, finance, accounting, public policy, or related field is preferred. Equivalent work experience equivalent will be considered. Master’s degree is ideal.
A minimum of five years of experience working with health care data. The preferred candidate will have experience with the Transformed Medicaid Statistical Information System (T-MSIS) data set or with the MSIS data previously. Experience with SAS. Intermediate Microsoft Office applications skills including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Experience in the manipulation and evaluation of large data sets of health care claims, managed care encounters and financial information.
- Experience utilizing eligibility and claims data to provide insight to challenging publicly funded health care problems.
- Knowledge of financial analysis techniques
- Knowledge of health care policy and data.
- Creative problem solving.
- Strong analytical and statistical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and able to work under tight deadlines.
- Preferred: Experience using Tableau or PowerBI.
Work Aids and Equipment Used
Computer, printer, copier, scanner, fax, telephone, web conferencing, Internet, video conferencing.
Work is sedentary in nature and performed in an office environment. Involves frequent contact with staff and clients. Work may be stressful at times. May require travel at times (:5%).
Work requires hand dexterity for office machine operation; stooping, climbing, and bending to files and supplies; mobility to complete errands; stand/sit for up to eight hours each day; ability to communicate clearly when using the telephone; requires sitting, standing, walking, reaching, bending, lifting, and twisting at times; moderate levels of stress. Ability to lift up to 20 pounds at times.
In accordance with the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, Health Management Associates (HMA), has adopted the Federal Contractor COVID-19 Vaccination Policy to comply with the requirements for entities that are assigned to federal contracts/subcontracts, and to safeguard the health of our colleagues and their families; our clients and visitors; and the community at large from COVID-19.
This policy applies to current and future HMA colleagues. Proof of vaccine will be required after an offer of employment is extended and accepted. Employment will be contingent upon the employer receiving proof of being fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated means receiving two doses of Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, or one dose Johnson& Johnson COVID-19 vaccine.
HMA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Clipped from: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/senior-analytics-consultant-transformed-medicaid-statistical-information-system-t-msis-at-health-management-associates-inc-2879451692/?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic