Baton Rouge, LA
Humana Healthy Horizons in Louisiana is seeking a RN, Clinical Educator (Nursing Educator 2) who will plan, direct, coordinate, evaluate, develop, and/or deliver trainings and education programs for professional nursing, social work, and nonclinical personnel. The RN, Clinical Educator (Nursing Educator 2) work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The RN, Clinical Educator (Nursing Educator 2) develops educational goals and plans for new associate orientation, ongoing training, and professional development in virtual and in person instructor-led trainings. Training programs may include, but not be limited to, Care Management, Utilization Management, and/or Compliance throughout Humana Healthy Horizons organization supporting Louisiana Medicaid.
– Selects appropriate training materials.
– Creates an environment that is conducive to learning and exchanging information, engages the learner, and produces the desired outcomes.
– Monitors training personnel records to ensure that associates have met all company training requirements for company, quality, and regulatory compliance.
– Analyzes course evaluations in order to judge effectiveness of training sessions, develops new training based upon identified needs, and implements suggestions for improvements.
– Evaluates the relevance of online resources to complement the facilitated experience in the fields as appropriate.
– Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas.
– Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed.
– Follows established guidelines/procedures.
– Must reside in the state of Louisiana.
– Unrestricted Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of Louisiana.
– Minimum two (2) years of work experience in training and learning development.
– Experience in the development of educational materials.
– Understanding of curriculum design and adult learning principles.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
– Strong presentation skills in presenting virtually and in person.
– Strong collaboration and communication skills.
– Experience working with multiple layers of leadership within an organization.
– Must have the ability to provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office.
– A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 25×10 (25mpbs download x 10mpbs upload) is required.
– Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role.
– A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information.
– Humana and its subsidiaries require vaccinated associates who work outside of their home to submit proof of vaccination, including COVID-19 boosters. Associates who remain unvaccinated must either undergo weekly negative COVID testing OR wear a mask at all times while in a Humana facility or while working in the field.
– BSN, Bachelor’s in Business, Health Administration or a related field.
– Experience using a wide variety of training tools to effectively facilitate to a wide audience.
– Experience managing projects or processes.
– Travel: Up to 10% to Humana Healthy Horizons locations in Metairie or Baton Rouge, LA for team engagement and meetings.
– Typical Workdays/Hours: Monday – Friday; 8:00am – 5:00pm CST.
As part of our hiring process, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology provided by Modern Hire, a third-party vendor. This technology provides our team of recruiters and hiring managers an enhanced method for decision-making.
If you are selected to move forward from your application prescreen, you will receive correspondence inviting you to participate in a pre-recorded Voice Interview and/or an SMS Text Messaging interview. If participating in a pre-recorded interview, you will respond to a set of interview questions via your phone. You should anticipate this interview to take approximately 10-15 minutes.
If participating in a SMS Text interview, you will be asked a series of questions to which you will be using your cell phone or computer to answer the questions provided. Expect this type of interview to last anywhere from 5-10 minutes. Your recorded interview(s) via text and/or pre-recorded voice will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Scheduled Weekly Hours