CareFirst BlueCross BlueShieldColumbus, OH
- PURPOSE:Under minimal supervision, the Care Manager researches and analyzes a member’s medical and behavioral health needs and healthcare cost drivers.
- The Care Manager works closely with members and the interdisciplinary care team to ensure members have an effective plan of care and positive member experience that leads to optimal health and cost-effective outcomes.
- Identifies members with acute/complex medical and/or behavioral health conditions.
- Engages onsite and/or telephonically with member, family and providers to develop a comprehensive plan of care to address the member’s needs at various stages along the care continuum.
- Identifies relevant CareFirst and community resources and facilitates program, network, and community referrals.
- Collaborates with member and the interdisciplinary care team to develop a comprehensive plan of care to identify key strategic interventions to address member’s medical, behavioral and/or social determinant of health needs.
- Engage members and providers to review and clarify treatment plans ensuring alignment with medical benefits and policies to facilitate care between settings.
- Monitors, evaluates, and updates plan of care over time focused on member’s stabilization and ability to self manage.
- Ensures member data is documented according to CareFirst application protocol and regulatory standards.
- Education Level: High School Diploma or GED Experience: 5 years clinically related experience working in Care Management, Discharge Coordination, Home Health, Utilization Review, Disease Management or other direct patient care experience.
- See additional information below if Care Manager position is behavioral health focused.
- RN – Registered Nurse – State Licensure And/or Compact State Licensure RN- Registered Nurse in MD, VA or Washington, DC Accredited Case Manager (ACM)
- Bachelors degree in nursing.
- CCM/ACM or other RN Board Certified certification in case management.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)Knowledge of clinical standards of care and disease processes.
- Ability to produce accurate and comprehensive work products with minimal direction.
- Ability to triage immediate member health and safety risks.
- Basic understanding of the strategic and financial goals of a health care system or payor organization, as well as health plan or health insurance operations (e.g. networks, eligibility, benefits).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with the telephonic and keyboarding skills necessary to assess, coordinate and document services for members.
- Knowledgeable of available community resources and programs.
- Proficient in the use of web-based technology and Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to provide excellent internal and external customer service.
- Department Department:(DC Medicaid – Clinical Enterprise)Equal Employment Opportunity CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer.
- It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
- Hire Range Disclaimer Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
- Where To Apply Please visit our website to apply: www.
- The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position.
- Occasional walking or standing is required.
- The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects.
- The associate must frequently talk and hear.
- Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Clipped from: https://jobsearcher.com/j/rn-care-manager-tanf-dc-medicaid-at-carefirst-bluecross-blueshield-in-columbus-oh-ZKAErlv?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic