* Position Description*:
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength. Read more about our benefits here:
Mathematica is searching for a dedicated professional with experience successfully improving state health and Medicaid programs through data including Medicaid, commercial, and Medicare. Experience with or interest in analyzing additional data sources that are correlated with health outcomes, such as social determinants data, is appreciated but not required. In particular, we are looking for an individual who can apply analytic thinking to support current and emerging work across any number of areas related to state health such as: all-payer claims databases, health outcomes measurement, program or policy evaluations, data analysis, advisory services, and alternate payment models.
Duties of the position:
* Lead or participate actively and thoughtfully in multidisciplinary teams to implement, monitor, and advise on state policy and programs.
* Provide the energy, direction, and organization needed to help keep projects on time and on budget and facilitate communications across and between internal and external stakeholders.
* Author client memos, technical assistance tools, issue briefs, chapters of analytic reports, and webinar presentations.
* Conduct research that applies impartial data collection, analysis, and reporting using quantitative techniques.
* Lead and help develop proposals for new research projects.
* Represent the company’s expertise through various mechanisms, such as publications, conferences, technical communications, and testimony.
* Contribute to the growth, expertise, and institutional knowledge of other state health and Medicaid staff.
* Position Requirements*:
* At least three years of experience working in state health policy or health research, with a substantial portion of that time at a state agency
* Masters or doctoral degree, or equivalent experience in data analytics, public health, public policy, economics, behavioral or social sciences, or other relevant disciplines
* Experience with all-payer claims databases and health care outcome measures highly preferred
* Experience and interest in programming in statistical software such as R or Stata is appreciated but not required
* Strong foundation in quantitative research methods and a broad understanding of health care and health policy issues in the United States
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to explain observations and findings to diverse stakeholder audiences including program administrators and policymakers
* Demonstrated ability to provide task leadership and coordinate the work of multidisciplinary teams
* Strong organizational skills and high level of attention to detail; flexibility to lead and manage multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadlines
* Ability to work well in teams
Start date are flexible and may range between spring and summer 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis starting in February 2022.
Please submit a cover letter, CV and writing sample that demonstrates your analytic abilities and expertise in health.
This position offers an anticipated annual base salary of $85,000-$140,000. This position may be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on company and individual performance.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearances a condition of working on projects. If you work on such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
Available Locations: Ann Arbor, MI; Cambridge, MA; Princeton, NJ; Oakland, CA; Washington, DC; Chicago, IL; Seattle, WA; Woodlawn, MD
All Mathematica staff are working remotely right now, but job opportunities are posted with our regular office locations in mind.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042 and its implementing guidelines, all Mathematica employees must provide documentation that they have been fully vaccinated or obtain an accommodation through Human Resources by providing documentation from a licensed health care provider that they are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 because of a disability (which would include medical conditions) or provide an attestation that they are entitled to an accommodation because of a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Clipped from: https://tarta.ai/j/pg56SIABCr2uuunQ5gtc-researcher-state-health-and-medicaid-in-ann-arbor-michigan-at-mathematica?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic