Description SHIFT: Work From Home
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with HCA Healthcare today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity!
What you will do in this role:
- Perform quality assurance activities for Medicaid eligibility operations to ensure that work efforts satisfactorily meet customer requirements in a systematic, reliable fashion, effectively using systems to do so.
- Perform analytical assessments of data and assist the management team in using the data for decision-making purposes.
- Maintain prompt and accurate documentation outlining all steps of the QA program that have been taken in individual organized files. Complete the proper forms. Audit the assigned number of accounts per day following a set schedule. Forms will be completed and submitted within required timelines.
- Work independently with various departments to ensure revenue is maximized.
- Maintain reports that are indicative of process improvement within departments while promoting a positive presence in improving these processes.
- Make recommendations based on assessments that improve production and quality.
- Ability to multi-task to ensure day-to-day work is complete as well as assigned projects.
- Coordinate QA findings with appropriate departments, internal or external, and ensure that necessary follow up is done to resolve any negative results.
- Provide documented results and process improvement to Director for departments not meeting company/client standards.
- Perform special projects or other activities as assigned. Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, managers and executives, as well as external clients and other external business contacts.
- Document progress notes to the patient’s file and the hospital computer system.
- Participate in ongoing, comprehensive training programs as required.
- Required to make field visits as necessary.
- Proficient knowledge of Government Assistance Programs, including Medicaid/Medi-Cal and SSI/SSD and the application process for each to ensure successful conversion of accounts.
- Familiarity with Medicaid billing and reimbursement processes including retro-certification process desired. Capable of meeting production quotas.
- Ability to collect, synthesize and research complex or diverse information.
- Travel requirements <25%
- Minimum of 3 years preferred experience within Medicaid Eligibility, preferably as both a hospital-based screener and an application processor.
- Experience with standard suite of Microsoft office software products.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Excel and Word required.
Parallon is an industry leader in revenue cycle services. We partner with over 650 hospitals and 2,400 physician practices nation-wide. Our parent company, HCA Healthcare has been consistently named a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere and is ranked in the Fortune 100. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients have the best experience even after they leave our facilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability
Notice Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here. For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.