Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work. sm
No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You’ll help improve the health of millions.
The health care markets are evolving in many different ways and the role and impact of the Medicaid is becoming increasingly important as health plans and providers look for new ways to grow and manage risk. In particular, the ability to manage medical cost through care management interventions or network management strategies is critical to the success of these organizations.
Optum is seeking a Proposal Director, Medicaid RFP Services, Government Programs to provide thought leadership and expertise in the Medicaid market. This position is responsible for the development of Medicaid-focused consulting solutions and responding to RFPs in all areas of TANF, CHIP, LTSS, ABD, Duals Population, Complex Care, Population Health, and provider-sponsored organizations taking on risk for Medicaid populations.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Proposal Management and Oversight/Proposal Writing (70% Time Allocation):
- Complete and deliver strategic analyses, translating the data into client-specific requirements/specifications
- Consult with clients regarding RFP and other business strategies, providing clients with recommendations and information regarding industry trends
- Present information to, and effectively communicate with, client leadership and other key individuals
- Support, be an advocate for, and manage (as needed), a defined proposal development process for responding to Medicaid RFPs
- Participate in individual and group proposal reviews with senior leadership and other key individuals; incorporate changes and improvements to proposals
- Assist as needed in general proposal activities, including proposal management, proposal writing, editing, proposal assembly, quality assurance, etc.
- Complete projects on time/budget and in accordance with quality measures
- Maintain or enhance trusted partner relationships to expand the Payer Consulting footprint at designated clients
- Complete internal tracking and reporting
- Conduct other duties as assigned
- Develop and maintain client references
- Sales and Strategy Support (30% Time Allocation):
- Participate in and lead business development initiatives
- Develop proposals and statements of work for client-specific engagements
- Participate, support and complete RFI, RFP and sales process
- Complete financial analyses for proposed solutions
- Build Medicaid Marketing and Sales Collateral
- Attend and participate in oral presentation
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 7+ years of experience in managed Medicaid, preferably with RFPs, government affairs and/or consulting
- Project management experience – solid project tracking, presentation and reporting skills
- Experience writing and executing business plans for new consulting solutions
- End-to-End knowledge of Medicaid program implementation and operations
- Ability to think strategically, proven experience laying out strategy, developing products and/or services from ground up that would be sold in the Medicaid market
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Travel 10-25% on average month, can be more depending on client needs/project phase
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Bachelor’s degree
- Shipley certification
- APMP certification
- 7+ years of Medicaid experience within a consulting or payer related organization
- Prior experience working within a State Agency
- Proven problem-solving skills (identification of issue, causes, solution, implementation plan)
- Solid ability to influence and motivate
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Solid attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work. sm
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $110,200 to $211,700. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $110,200 to $211,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected bylower 48 law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Proposal Director, Medicaid RFP Services, Government Programs,Telecommute, WFH, Work From Home, WAH, Work At Home
Clipped from: https://www.myvalleyjobstoday.com/jobs/proposal-director-medicaid-rfp-services-government-programs-telecommute-atlanta-georgia/425865686-2/?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic