BerryDunn is looking to fill up the position of Project Manager/Subject Matter Expert (SME), Medicaid in Charleston, West Virginia, United States.
BerryDunn is seeking a Project Manager/Subject Matter Expert in Medicaid who will be responsible for the management, reporting, and achievement of project objectives, schedule, quality, resources, and budget for the design, development, and implementation of multiple Medicaid and/or Children’s Insurance Program (CHIP) business initiatives and activities that state health and human services clients may undertake. You will work with the client, team, vendor(s), and federal stakeholders to achieve project objectives. You will report to senior leaders in our Medicaid Practice Group. This position may sit either remotely or in one of our seven office locations.
Travel Expectation: approximately 50% travel to client sites is anticipated in the future to support projects.
- Support the delivery of services to clients on time, within scope, and within budget, including assigning and managing staff and creating work product
- Deliver frequent, clear, and consistent communication to the client, team members, vendor, and direct reports
- Develop, review, distribute, and present project status reports
- Lead the documentation of project action items, issues, risks, and decisions
- Oversee deliverable review facilitation, tracking, and maintenance
- Lead staff/team meetings and trainings
- Perform and delegate administrative tasks efficiently and effectively, asking questions when instructions are unclear
- Estimate and maintain resource projections for responsible tasks; and assist in the development, review, distribution, and presentation of project status reports
- At least 5 to 7 years of public sector experience
- At least three years of experience working with state Medicaid agencies
- Experience with transformation of business rules into system configurations; business and technical aspects of healthcare information systems; and knowledge of the business areas of the Medicaid Information Technology Architecture (MITA) framework preferred
- Experience with assisting and/or leading procurement, testing and/or data governance efforts for a health and human services technology solution implementation
- Developing, editing, and presenting summaries, reports, and presentations of complex information and data for project and client teams
- Estimating and maintaining resource projections for responsible tasks
- Managing a project team
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS)
- Knowledgeable in quality assurance/control procedures and demonstrated proactive problem management skills
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a team setting
- Strong experience with Microsoft desktop applications
In the interest of employee and client safety, BerryDunn asks that all employees working in person at the office, meeting with clients, or attending an in-person event on behalf of BerryDunn be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This policy provides clarity for our employees and enhances our ability to support clients. Many of our clients are healthcare facilities or government agencies. In many cases, our policy is simply an extension of their requirements. In addition to wearing masks in public areas and socially distancing, being fully vaccinated provides our employees working in person with an opportunity to thrive professionally and personally.
We value our employees and offer a variety of attractive benefits, in addition to being part of a high-powered, effective team! Here are just a few of our attractive benefits:
- Health, Dental, Rx and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA); Employer contribution
- Responsible Paid-Time-Off policy, including Paid Family Leave
- 401(K) profit sharing plan with employer match after one year
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Care Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement, Continuing Professional Education, and CPA Exam
- Wellness Programs
- Mentor Programs
BerryDunn is a CPA and Management Consulting firm with over 500 employees throughout the country that provide a full range of services including Management and IT Consulting, Health Analytics/Actuarial Consulting, Audit, Accounting, and Tax. We are headquartered in Portland, Maine, with offices in Arizona, Connecticut, New Hampshire, and West Virginia. BerryDunn has maintained steady growth over its 40+ year history, and the firm is regularly named to national “Top 100” lists, including recent recognition for being a “fastest-growing” firm. We partner with clients across the United States and Canada, and we attribute our growth to attracting, developing, and retaining outstanding employees who help our clients create, grow, and protect value.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Job ID: 2021-2126
External Company URL: https://www.berrydunn.com/
Street: 300 Capital Street