The Product Owner is an expert in translating strategy and business needs into product features. They have expert skills with enterprise Medicaid solutions and specifically, the Provider module, along with expert business acumen and communication skills. They lead and drive outcomes for the Provider Management solution delivery initiatives, nurture ideas and solutions to existing customer problems, and work closely with the development team throughout the development process. The Product Owner leads and guides solution outcomes for the entire lifecycle of the initiatives (research, design, development, implementation, and validation). They drive continual process improvement activities, guide engineers and analysts, review UI/UX design, conduct solution demos, and work with project clients, internal stakeholders, leadership, and technical development teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage backlogs, translate business needs into epics, features, user stories and tasks, and review work of other product owners providing guidance where needed.
• Conduct and lead data analysis, change impact analysis, investigate issues and defects.
• Lead agile team on sprint deliverables, identifying and implementing process and efficiency improvements.
• Lead sprint planning activities, collaborate with other organizations, Operations, and IT.
• Lead and conduct release activities, demos, acceptance testing.
• Produce feature and release documentation, documents for presentations.
• Collaborates with the business regarding progress and agile metrics. Monitors outcomes, customizes and adds metrics to continuously provide stakeholders with an updated view of the product’s success. Evaluates agile metrics and discusses methodologies to deliver against outcomes. Actively anticipates future needs and utilizes product health metrics to identify improvement opportunities.
• When called upon, works with customers to review releases and adjust development accordingly. Maintains a clear vision on the highest value program backlog items and works closely with the team to reprioritize when needed. Makes trade-offs and negotiates with Product Management based on team capacity to determine the backlog.
• Provide subject matter expertise for additional areas of strategic interest.
• Participate in the creation and communication of the product vision, strategy, and roadmap. Incorporate stakeholder feedback when needed and clearly articulates team backlog items and acceptance criteria to the team. Represent the product in governance meetings.
• Remote position with regular travel to various work sites. Up to 50% travel.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. A degree in Business, Information Systems, or Public Policy is desirable.
• 5+ years of experience in the Medicaid enterprise systems space (Provider and/or Claims is highly desirable)
• 5+ years of experience documenting business, system, and/or data requirements.
• 3+ years as a Product Owner or in Product Development & Management, Project/Program Management or Strategic Consulting
• 2+ years agile team experience (SAFE preferred) as a product owner, scrum master or analyst.
• Expert interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and ability to present complex technical/analytical concepts to customer and executive audiences.
• Able to work independently and lead an agile team.
• Ability to clearly communicate product benefits to educate partners, motivate action, and improve business outcomes.
• SAFE certification as Product Owner/Product Manager
• HIPAA EDI Document Standards
• Prior experience working in a transformative/hybrid agile environment
• Understanding of DevOps
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Manage backlogs, translate business needs into epics, features, user stories and tasks, and review work of other product owners providing guidance where needed.
– Conduct and lead data analysis, change impact analysis, investigate issues and defects.
– Lead agile team on sprint deliverables, identifying and implementing process and efficiency improvements.
– Lead sprint planning activities, collaborate with other organizations, Operations, and IT.
– Lead and conduct release activities, demos, acceptance testing.
– Produce feature and release documentation, documents for presentations.
– Provide subject matter expertise for additional SOA PAX areas of strategic interest.
– Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business Analytics, Information Systems, Public Policy, Statistics or other area focused on quantitative analytics or applied mathematics (advanced degree preferred).
– 7+ years of operational Data Analytics experience.
– 7+ years experience documenting business, system, and/or data requirements.
– 5+ years agile team experience (SAFE preferred) as a product owner, scrum master or analyst.
– 5+ years experience creating reports and dashboards using Enterprise analytic tools (Tableau, Power BI, Microstrategy and/or Qlik).
– 3+ years experience with government sponsored health care programs and/or contact center operations.
– Strong SQL skills preferred.
– Expert interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and ability to present complex technical/analytical concepts to customer and executive audiences.
– Able to work independently and lead an agile team.
– Ability to clearly communicate data findings to educate partners, motivate action, and improve business outcomes.
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
As a large employer and Federal contractor, Maximus is subject to various vaccine mandates across our lines of business. Maximus is committed to complying with any applicable vaccine mandates. The specific vaccine requirements for this position will be outlined throughout the selection process. Individuals who believe they may qualify for a medical or religious accommodation will have the opportunity to apply for an accommodation following an offer of employment.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Maximus compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to a candidate’s education, training, experience, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value analysis including seniority and merit systems, as well as internal pay alignment. Annual salary is just one component of Maximus’s total compensation package. Other rewards may include short- and long-term incentives as well as program-specific awards. Additionally, Maximus provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off. Compensation shall be commensurate with job duties and relevant work experience. An applicant’s salary history will not be used in determining compensation.