What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Principal Industry Consultant in Medicaid Operations and Enterprise Systems, with experienced managing in multiple program areas and divisions, a broad understanding of the mechanics, drivers and goals of Medicaid agencies today and in the future.
You will act as a subject matter expert, providing business and high-level technical support for pre-sales activities for SAS’ Medicaid EDW/Analytics solutions as part of a team of other subject-matter experts across government and health care programs.
This is hands on work, proposal writing, customer presentations, and support during project implementation. It is also deeply connected work with our customers and stakeholders, including speaking at conferences, testifying before legislatures, boards and commissions, and working directly with customers from the line level to top executives and elected officials before and after purchasing.
You will be expected to develop an understanding of SAS solutions and how they can solve Medicaid challenges ranging from access and equity to quality of care and cost effectiveness as well as program integrity through the applied use of analytics, data management and business intelligence.
You’ll work as part of a team supports a broad range of programs in dealing with their challenges, including customer work within Medicare/Medicaid and other government benefits programs (e.g. SNAP, TANF, WIC), taxation, unemployment, worker’s compensation, procurement, audit and/or oversight of general government programs, and more.
We are seeking a person with experience and passion with direct experience working with these types of people, either directly, or through consulting, and one who will complement the opportunities we are pursuing as well as the broader skill sets of the team.
Your role would have you doing the following types of activities:
- Serve as a broad subject matter expert on Medicaid operations, guiding efforts with the sales and pre-sales organizations to develop account approaches, craft and deliver client presentations and key capability demonstrations.
- Participate in capture process activities to help in pre-solicitation strategy, intelligence gathering and positioning.
- Support written proposal development and subsequent orals presentations, as well as contract negotiations.
- Support the development of marketing materials and SAS sales training
- Demonstrate SAS’ experience and leadership through authoring publications, speaking at industry events, participating in work groups and being active in social media channels
- Engage with various levels of government officials to impact policy and promote proper use of analytics and data in Medicaid modernization and program integrity efforts.
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance to customers and SAS implementation staff or partners during solution implementations.
What we’re looking for:
- Seven (7) years or more of experience in Medicaid operations across multiple programs or divisions
- Experience in writing Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and evaluating RFP responses
- Public speaking experience, including national Medicaid/industry conferences, and testimony before legislative bodies
- Experience presenting complex ideas and concepts to department/agency heads or senior government executives
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as business needs require (avg. 25+%)
- Location: Remote, home-based within continental U.S.
- Experience in program integrity or cost containment efforts in Medicaid
- Experience responding to Requests for Proposal (RFP’s) and other forms of government procurements to include (a) developing win themes, (b) writing content, (c) conducting structured reviews, and (d) participating in orals presentations and technical demos.
- Familiarity and understanding of business intelligence and analytics to further program goals and improve outcomes
- Extensive network of contacts throughout Medicaid agencies at a national level, fostered from conferences and shared work group participation.
- Experience in working with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) on policy, administrative, and certification
- Pre-solicitation capture process familiarity
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it – and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
In order to work at SAS, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
Clipped from: https://careers-sas.icims.com/jobs/28476/principal-industry-consultant%2c-medicaid-operations—remote/job?iis=Social+Networks&iieid=po164850112463421e6d&mobile=false&width=1170&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-360&jun1offset=-300
Get access to My SAS, trials, communities and more.