Humana Healthy Horizons in Louisiana is seeking Population Health Strategy Lead who will be is responsible for improving the quality of care and outcomes while managing costs for a defined group of people. The Population Health Strategy Lead works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
Humana’s Bold Goal is to improve the health of the communities we serve as evidenced by more healthy days. The Population Health Strategy Lead identifies health needs such as chronic diseases or disabilities, or the health needs of the underserved.
- Advises executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance.
- Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision
- Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action.
- Identifies health needs such as chronic diseases or disabilities, or the health needs of the underserved and influences department’s strategy
- Develops strategic design, operational implementation plan, and ongoing evaluation of population health initiatives based on a deep understanding of scientific population health principles
- Serve as the consultative subject matter expert and liaison to internal and external stakeholders on population health activities and established goals
- Provide insights required to improve coordination of care, access to care, member utilization of healthcare system and improve overall health outcomes
- Collaborates with cross functional team such as clinical, operational, financial to support Medicaid-wide initiatives
- Must reside in the state of Louisiana.
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing, public health, social work, health services research, health policy, information technology, or other relevant field.
- Minimum five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience in population health, service coordination, ambulatory care, community public health, case or care management, or coordinating care across multiple settings and with multiple providers.
- Experience working in Medicaid and preferably in a managed care setting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Advanced Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to analyze data and make data-driven recommendations for quality improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to develop effective relationships with a broad array of people internally and externally, including community partners.
- Experience with program planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Ability to take personal initiative and work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a complex and fast-paced environment.
- This role is considered patient facing and is a part of Humana’s Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB.
- This role is part of Humana’s Driver safety program and therefore requires an individual to have a valid state driver’s license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100,000/300,000/100,000 limits.
- Must have the ability to provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office.
- A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 25×10 (25mpbs download x 10mpbs upload) is required.
- Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role.
- A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information.
- Humana and its subsidiaries require vaccinated associates who work outside of their home to submit proof of vaccination, including COVID-19 boosters. Associates who remain unvaccinated must either undergo weekly negative COVID testing OR wear a mask at all times while in a Humana facility or while working in the field.
- Master’s Degree in nursing, public health, social work, health services research, health policy, information technology, or other relevant field.
- Workstyle: Hybrid Office – 3 -4days/week in Humana’s Metairie’s location and 1 – 2 days remotely.
- Travel: up to 25% in statewide in Louisiana.
Scheduled Weekly Hours