Work From Home
Do you have exceptional customer service and the ability to plan organize and exercise sound judgment? Do you have demonstrated communication, problem solving and case management skills and the ability to act/decide accordingly?
Now is the time to join our team of motivated and nurturing individuals conducting eligibility screenings, assessment of patient financial requirements, and counseling patients on insurance benefits and co-payments. The ideal Patient Support Representative serves as a liaison between the patient, hospital, and governmental agencies; and is actively involved in all areas of case management. You should also share a passion for our purpose, “To serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their community.”
Does this sound like you? If so, APPLY TODAY. See what makes us a fabulous place to work!
Parallon is now seeking a Patient Support Representative
You can also Like us on
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe deeply in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us.
- Your benefits package allows you to select the options that best meet the needs of you and your family. Benefits include 401k, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Screen and evaluate patients for existing insurance coverage, federal and state assistance programs, or hospital charity application.
- Re-verifies benefits and obtains authorization and/or referral after treatment plan has been discussed, prior to initiation of treatment. Ensures appropriate signatures are obtained on all necessary forms.
- Obtain legally relevant medical evidence, physician statements and all other documentation required for eligibility determination.
- Complete and file applications. Initiate and maintain proper follow-up with the patient and government agency caseworkers to ensure timely processing and completion of all mandated applications and accompanying documentation.
- Ensure all insurance, demographic and eligibility information is obtained and entered into the system accurately. Document progress notes to the patient’s file and the hospital computer system.
- Participates in ongoing, comprehensive training programs as required.
- Follows policies and procedures to contribute to the efficiency of the office. Covers and assists with other office functions as requested.
- All other duties as assigned
Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That’s why after more than a decade we remain dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future. As one of the healthcare industry’s leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized revenue cycle services.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION NEEDED:
- High School Diploma or GED or related experience in lieu. College degree preferred.
- Preferred three years of hospital/medical business office experience with insurance procedures and patient interaction
- Understanding of patient confidentiality to protect the patient and the clinic/corporation.
- Ability to collect, synthesize and research complex or diverse information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Notice Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here. For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.