As a Nurse, you will be focusing in the areas of clinical quality improvement programs; utilization management and clinical standards impacting health service delivery.
What you’ll do:
- Provide recommendations about clinical aspects of nursing practice and programs that pertain to national-level programs affecting a variety of health care settings and clinicians.
- Provide clinical nursing perspective in the assessment of policies, projects, and data related to the measurement of quality, legislative and administrative proposals, and make recommendations to agency managers.
- Prepare issue papers, briefing materials, manuals, presentations, reports and correspondence for an assigned health policy area.
Experience we’re looking for:
(1) Assisting with researching policies regarding clinical aspects of program operations.
(2) Interacting with internal and external stakeholders to provide clinical nursing advice or guidance.
– OR –
Substitution of Education for Experience: You may substitute education for specialized experience at the GS-11 level by possessing 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or LL.M., if related to the position being filled.
– OR –
Combination of Experience and Education: Only graduate education in excess of the amount required for the GS-09 grade level may be used to qualify applicants for positions at grades GS-11. Therefore, only education in excess of a master’s or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, may be used to combine education and experience.
To see full list of eligibility criteria, see job posting on USAJOBs.