SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Amerigroup, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies focused on serving Medicaid, Medicare and uninsured individuals, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
Nurse Case Manager l – Pediatrics (Medicaid) PS58871
Location: This is a work@home position that requires member-facing visits within the West Tennessee area. You must reside in the state of Tennessee within 1.5 hours driving distance to Cordova, Tennessee.
Work Hours: 8am – 4:30pm, Monday – Friday. No holidays or weekends.
The Nurse Case Manager I
(West Tennessee) is responsible for performing care management within the scope of licensure for Pediatric members with complex and chronic care needs by assessing, developing, implementing, coordinating, monitoring, and evaluating care plans designed to optimize member health care across the care continuum. Performs duties telephonically or on-site such as at hospitals for discharge planning. Primary duties may include but are not limited to:
- Ensures member access to services appropriate to their health needs.
- Conducts assessments to identify individual needs and a specific care management plan to address objectives and goals as identified during assessment.
- Coordinates internal and external resources to meet identified needs.
- Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of the care management plan and modifies as necessary.
- Interfaces with Medical Directors and Physician Advisors on the development of care management treatment plans.
The health and safety of our associates, members and communities is a top priority for Anthem. This priority has become increasingly important as we continue to face the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. Anthem believes vaccination is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect our members, our communities, our families and ourselves. To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, vaccination is required for this role. (At Anthem, fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since you have received the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or the single dose of a single dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson).
If you do not meet the requirements for this position, we encourage you to review other positions that currently allow virtual work. If you have a medical or sincerely held religious reason for not being vaccinated, consistent with applicable law, Anthem will consider requests for reasonable accommodation on this basis. Should you have any questions regarding the requirement after applying, email TalentAcquisition_VaccinationSupport@anthem.com.
- BA/BS in a health-related field; 3 years of clinical experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the state of Tennessee required.
- 1+ years experience working with pediatric patients.
- Must reside in Tennessee.
- MS Word and MS Excel proficient.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) + match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.