Job Title: Case Manager for the Medicaid Waiver Service Program – Elderly and Disabled Waiver.
Job Location: Office in Alabaster – Agency serves Central Region (Blount, Chilton, Shelby, St Clair, and Walker counties)
Case load Areas– Ccaseloads available – Walker and Blount County
Job Status: Full-time – Exempt
Summary: Case Managers serve Medicaid eligible clients who would otherwise require nursing home care and are at risk for nursing home placement. The Medicaid Waiver Service (MWS) program aims for clients to remain in their own home and delay/avoid institutionalization by locating, coordinating, and monitoring services. *NCQA accredited program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Conduct Case Management services for clients on the MWS Elderly and Disable Waiver in the FamCare software system through monthly home visits.
- Caseload is up to 40 elderly, disabled clients, and or disabled children using the medical social work model. Hiring Case Managers for caseloads in the Walker and Blount Counties.
- Monitor the service delivery of the Care Plan and complete Assessments.
- Update data entry pertaining to medication, doctor appointments, durable medical equipment, and diagnosis data in real-time during home visits.
- Assist clients to develop Smart Goals.
- Completes transitions tracking, documents medication, doctor changes/appointments, and tracks critical incidents.
- Write effective documentation narratives.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in social work, psychology, or related field. Experience in social work, especially the geriatric population is desired.
Possess experience in MS Office, ability to learn new software, and general office procedures.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Time management and organizational skills.
· Possess a valid driver’s license.
· Must maintain automobile 100/300/100 liability insurance; TB Skin Testing upon hire.
Benefits: State of Alabama Retirement; State of Alabama Local Government Health Insurance (BCBS); and other benefits.
How to Apply: Email cover letter, resume, three references, and salary requirements.
- Possible with Supervisor’s clearance.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $19.23 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Monday to Friday
M4A follows CDC guidelines.
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Clipped from: https://www.glassdoor.com/job-listing/medicaid-waiver-case-manager-middle-alabama-area-agency-on-aging-JV_IC1127424_KO0,28_KE29,64.htm?jl=1008165764793&utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic