Requisition No: 384501
Agency: Agency for Health Care Administration
Working Title: 68064319 – MEDICAL/HEALTH CARE PROG ANALYST
Position Number: 68064319
Salary: $1,574.93 – $1.613.39 / Bi-Weekly
Posting Closing Date: 06/09/2021
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the quality of health care in Florida. The Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) is the State of Florida agency responsible for oversight of the Medicaid program. The Medicaid program provides low-income families and individuals with access to health care. If you have a desire to use your talent and skills at an organization that provides critical services to millions of individuals and families across the state, AHCA invites you to apply to become an essential member of our team. As one of Florida’s leading state agencies, AHCA’s diverse workforce community of more than 1,400 employees is proud of its efforts to serve the people of Florida.
We are seeking to hire a Medical/Health Care Program Analyst who desires to work to enhance the delivery of health care services through the Florida Medicaid Program. This position requires a candidate who is creative, flexible, innovative, and who will thrive in a fast-paced, team based work environment.
This position is located in the Bureau of Medicaid Quality. Medicaid Quality provides data-driven, focused and systematic feedback on the quality of Florida’s Medicaid program to federal and state agencies, Medicaid recipients, Medicaid managed care plans, and providers. The Bureau of Medicaid Quality has a strong focus on providing more comprehensive care, improving health outcomes, and reducing costs.
This position is responsible for providing contract management of certain Medicaid contracts within the Bureau of Medicaid Quality, Quality Improvement & Evaluation Contracts Section. This position is involved in the research, development, procurement, and management of various contracts.
AHCA offers an excellent array of benefits, including:
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental, vision and supplemental insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Tuition waiver for public college courses
- Training opportunities
For more information about the Bureau of Medicaid Quality, please visit our website at http://ahca.myflorida.com/Medicaid/index.shtml.
Join us at the Agency for Health Care Administration in fulfilling our mission to provide “Better Health Care for all Floridians.”
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge and experience with Medicaid, other healthcare systems, or contract management.
- Skilled in writing contracts.
- Skilled in reviewing and analyzing data related to the delivery and execution of services.
- Skilled in the use of computer systems for general office purposes (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite and Internet Explorer).
- Ability to direct and coordinate the planning and implementation of operational and program reviews.
- Ability to formulate monitoring protocols and procedures in order to monitor effectively.
- Ability to provide valuable feedback based on monitoring discovery to Medicaid policy staff and program managers.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures pertaining to a health services program.
- Ability to assess contract budgetary needs.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and coordinate various work activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with others..
- Ability to travel with or without accommodations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of one year of experience managing a project, contract, or grant.
- Minimum of four years of professional experience in a health or rehabilitation program involving program or policy planning and development, program research or evaluation, finance, statistical analysis, accounting, auditing or budget analysis.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business, statistics, mathematics, economics, public administration, health or social services administration is preferred and can substitute for one year of the required experience.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
CONTACT: JESSICA DAY 850-412-4332
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.
Nearest Major Market: Tallahassee