SHIFT: Day Job
Be part of an extraordinary team
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
Medical Director – Washington Medicaid
Responsible for the administration of physical and/or behavioral health medical services, to ensure the appropriate and most cost effective medical care is received. May be responsible for developing and implementing programs to improve quality, cost, and outcomes. May provide clinical consultation and serve as clinical/strategic advisor to enhance clinical operations. May identify cost of care opportunities. May serve as a resource to staff including Medical Director Associates. May be responsible for an entire clinical program.
How you will make an impact:
- Supports clinicians to ensure timely and consistent responses to members and providers.
- Provides guidance for clinical operational aspects of a program.
- Conducts peer-to-peer clinical reviews with attending physicians or other providers to discuss review determinations, and patients’ office visits with providers and external physicians.
- May conduct peer-to-peer clinical appeal case reviews with attending physicians or other ordering providers to discuss review determinations.
- Serves as a resource and consultant to other areas of the company.
- May be required to represent the company to external entities and/or serve on internal and/or external committees. May chair company committees. Interprets medical policies and clinical guidelines.
- May develop and propose new medical policies based on changes in healthcare.
- Leads, develops, directs and implements clinical and non-clinical activities that impact health care quality cost and outcomes.
- Identifies and develops opportunities for innovation to increase effectiveness and quality.
- Requires MD or DO and Board certification approved by one of the following certifying boards is required, where applicable to duties being performed, American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- Must possess an active unrestricted medical license to practice medicine or a health profession.
- Currently licensed in the state of Washington or willing to obtain WA license.
- Minimum of 10 years of clinical experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Ability to work Monday thru Friday, 8am-5pm PST
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills.
- Family Medicine or Pediatrics preferred.
- Previous utilization management experience preferred.
- Behaviorial Health experience preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.