Found in: beBee S2 US
The Special Projects & Government Program Strategy team, within Strategic Market Planning & Analytics (SMP&A) in the Health Plan, provides subject matter expertise and reporting support to the Medicare and Medicaid business lines across all regions.
The team cultivates well-rounded staff due to its diversity of projects, which derive from the strategic priorities of senior leadership.
Medicaid projects roles can vary depending on the initiative at hand and include developing strategies for engaging special populations (e.g. Dual Eligibles), creating program overview materials for senior leadership, and driving analyses to support Medicaid growth and performance.
Most projects involve a combination of data collection and analysis as well as developing summary materials to communicate findings and recommendations to a broad range of stakeholders.
Active participation in a range of market strategy projects essential to KP’s membership and margin goals.
Market Strategy & Analysis Consultants provide analytical/strategic-thinking and leadership skills that enable project teams to: 1) isolate business issues; 2) design and execute analytics for studying business issues (market research, scenario planning, forecasting, market share, profitability, etc); 3) bring technical/content expertise (competitive intelligence, utilization, financial analysis, deep data analysis & programming); 4) vet findings and make formal recommendations to senior levels of KP leadership; 5) create documents (strategic segment plans, utilization reports) that inform critical strategic issues.
Software tools used most often in this role include Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Tableau.
This position is currently remote.
The person in this role may reside in Georgia, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington State, Virginia, Maryland, or Washington, D.C.
The work hours noted below are aligned with the Pacific Time Zone.
- Works with business/segment owners to identify key business issues.
- Manages major analytical and/or strategy projects.
- Develops analytic framework required to analyze business issues.
- Sets project and staff priorities.
- Owns the outcome- represents findings to stakeholders.
- Serves as subject matter/technical expert to Analysts.
Experience- Minimum four (4) years of related experience OR a master’s degree and minimum one (1) year of experience.
Education- Bachelor’s degree in related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration- N/A
- Thorough knowledge of policies, practices and systems.
- Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Full knowledge of industry practices.
- Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields.
- Skilled in MS Excel, Access and other databases. Must know how to manipulate databases such as MS Excel and/or Access, as well as manipulating reports and generating reports.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum five (5) years of related experience.
- Master’s degree in business, public health, or related preferred.
Medicaid Strategy Consultant
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
calendar_today 1 day ago