Clipped from: https://www.nexxt.com/jobs/medicaid-solutions-analyst-advisory-services-analyst-oakland-ca-2017630293-job.html?utm_campaign=google_for_jobs&utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&aff=2ED44C72-8FD2-4B5D-BC54-2F623E88BE26&utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic
- Position Description*:
- About us:*
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength. Read more about our benefits here: ~~~
One of Mathematica’s core values is a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our research is more robust because it is informed by a variety of diverse perspectives, and our mission to improve societal well-being is strengthened by a greater understanding of issues and challenges facing the populations we serve. Mathematica’s ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion is woven into our everyday actions, policies, and practices. We are dedicated to maintaining a work environment in which everyone is treated with respect and dignity. We offer Employee Resources Groups on a variety of topics, local diversity and inclusion activities in each office, and a Diversity council.
- About this opportunity:*
We are seeking a highly motivated person to join our team as a Solutions Analyston our Medicaid practice team in the Health Unit. As a Solutions Analyst, you will work closely with clients and internal project teams that include technical and non-technical staff to develop and document business solutions to address our clients’ pressing policy and business challenges, such as how to implement reporting systems to monitor program performance or how to assess and improve the quality of data for federally required reporting or data analysis/research. The solutions are often data analytic in nature and include an information technology component. Solutions include web applications such as reports and dashboards, data collection or reporting tools (may be web-based), and technical assistance toolkits.
Solutions analysts are liaisons between clients, typically federal and state agency staff, and Mathematica staff to help develop solutions that address client’s most pressing challenges while considering the client’s constraints (such as, resources, budgets, regulations, policy, and systems). Solutions analysts facilitate discussions with the client to ensure that the Mathematica project team understands client needs and will work with Mathematica staff to design and develop the appropriate solution. Throughout the process, solutions analysts will assess client requests and technical constraints against project goals and provide the client with options. Solutions analysts manage client meetings, which may include design sessions, requirements gathering meetings, and routine check ins.
Our ideal candidate thrives working in collaborative team environments, is comfortable interacting with staff who have varying degrees of technical knowledge, has strong problem-solving skills, a drive to understand how things work, comfort working in “gray” areas and learning quickly, and isn’t afraid to ask questions. The ideal candidate is also experienced with using or willing to learn about various technical solutions or languages to help clients solve problems. They are also able to quickly assume a role that requires engaging Mathematica staff across a range of job classifications and clients from entry-level to executive leadership positions.
- Position Requirements:*
- Master’s degree with at least one year of relevant experience working on some aspect of the Medicaid program and engaging end users of a technical solution and liaising with business and technical subject matter experts, or Bachelor’s degree with commensurate experience
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to make complex information understandable to many audiences with various types and levels of subject matter and technical expertise
- Ability to identify gaps or issues in processes and technological solutions (such as business intelligence reporting systems or web-based dashboard) and present opportunities for improvement
- Highly skilled at leading discussions that identify problems and provide plausible solutions that meet client capabilities and budgets
- Experience engaging a range of client stakeholders with varying skillsets by applying a variety of methods (such as interviews and focus groups) and approaches (such as human-centered design)
- Experience with Medicaid data and systems or program operations
- Basic grasp of data analysis (for example, working with large data sets, cleaning data, and tabulations or descriptive statistics), data structures (such as relational databases), or system design techniques (such as commercial-off-the-shelf [COTS] products, software as a service, etc)
- Ability to elicit needs from clients and translate them into to formal written requirements.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with others
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadline pressure.
- Familiarity with agile principles, knowledge of relational databases, basic programming ability, or human-centered design approaches is a plus
- Position may involve up to 25% travel
- Serve as a liaison between project teams, technical staff, and client.
- Create opportunity assessments, business cases, process analysis documents, and other project planning and execution documents
- Work with project teams to develop written business requirements from verbal conversations.
- Assist with the development of processes and systems
- May assist with project management (for example, schedule and financial management)
- May assist with the development of and participate in system testing, creating test plans, and coordinating testing activities
- May assist in creating quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) plans and coordinating QA/QC activities
We offer our employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership. We provide generous paid time off. Visit our web site at ~~~
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, location preferences, writing sample, and salary requirements at time of application.
Available locations: Washington, DC; Princeton, NJ; Cambridge, MA; Woodlawn, MD; Chicago, IL; Ann Arbor, MI; Oakland, CA; Seattle, WA
We also welcome applications from candidates who wish to work remotely/virtually full-time.
This position offers an anticipated base salary of $65,000 – $95,000 annually. This position may be eligible for an annual bonus based on company and individual performance.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042 and its implementing guidelines, all Mathematica employees must provide documentation that they have been fully vaccinated or obtain an accommodation through Human Resources by providing documentation from a licensed health care provider that they are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 because of a disability (which would include medical conditions) or provide an attestation that they are entitled to an accommodation because of a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
<recently-viewed-jobs-setter primaryfield=”Medicaid Solutions Analyst – Advisory Services Analyst” secondaryfields=”[” multiple”,”regular-status=”” full-time”]”=”” jobid=”4278″ localecode=”en_US” maxdisplay=”5″ sitefolder=”external” clientfolder=”client_mathematica” class=”ng-isolate-scope”> </recently-viewed-jobs-setter>