Senior Manager / Specialist Leader, Government and Public Services
The successful candidate will be a senior member of Deloitte’s Government and Public Services consulting organization in the United States. The candidate will serve as a senior team leader on project engagements and lead the development and growth of the practice in support of state and federal government agencies, primarily on Medicaid related issues.
Deloitte State Healthcare Consulting
With more than 40 years of experience in assisting state health and human services agencies in nearly every state, Deloitte understands how delivery works-and how it can work better. Our state health team offers industry-leading insights, solutions, and business practices to help state health agencies solve their most difficult challenges, ranging from modernization of eligibility determination systems and compliance with Federal Health Insurance Exchange requirements to innovative Medicaid tools and services that can help states serve their constituents more effectively.
Deloitte helps state Medicaid agencies design and implement initiatives that improve upon the management of their health programs, overall financial performance, and health outcomes. Our advisory services and solutions focus on four critical areas: policy and program design, analytics, organizational transformation, and ongoing program evaluation. In an environment in which states are being asked to do more with less, Deloitte brings a wealth of knowledge, experience and solutions to help health agencies plan for the future.
The Senior Manager will focus on selling and delivering consulting services in support of state Medicaid Directors’ agendas. They will help clients manage forward and transform themselves through a highly complex and ever-changing business environment. Consulting services and solutions would include generating new ideas for clients that will help them in this transformational journey and that generate a positive return on investment (ROI). The work will be rooted in the creation of innovative customer engagements for clients, building and leading a world-class team, and driving the development of thought leadership and offerings to create value for clients. Specific responsibilities and expectations include leading client service delivery, sales and marketing, and management of engagement teams.
- At least 10 years of healthcare experience working either with a state Health and Human Services agency or with a health plan or consulting company serving healthcare clients. Demonstrated experience working on Medicaid related issues including Medicaid managed care, value-based purchasing, 1115 transformation waivers, social determinants for health, managed long term services and supports, home and community based services, physical and behavioral health coordination, Medicaid enterprise solutions, quality measurement and analytics and fee for service operations
- Track record of leading and growing strong teams of management consultants or other organizational groups, with ability to manage across multiple engagements
- Outstanding leadership skills, verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills, team working skills and ethical standards. This individual should be looked upon as a role model who instills the pride, values and integrity of Deloitte in their team.
- Experience supporting Medicaid programs
- Experience mentoring and coaching others
- Business development experience (pre-sales, proposal, and RFP experience)
- Experience leading teams and managing client/executive relationships
- Willingness to travel at least 25%
- Masters Degree Preferred
- Anticipates client needs based on a strong understanding of the client and its industry and marketplace.
- Determines client needs by guiding teams in selecting and applying the most appropriate tools, techniques, and approaches to understand the client’s issues and opportunities.
- Integrates recommendations into a total solution for the client that is consistent with the engagement strategy.
- Challenges and enhances quality by consistently striving for ways to improve deliverables.
- Directs the team to provide exceptional service to the client by responding with a sense of urgency, practicality, accountability, integrity, and respect.
- Communicates regularly with client management on a variety of business topics (e.g., trends, innovations, problem-solving discussions)
- Demonstrate specific service area/competency and/or industry expertise that resulted in tangible value for the client.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of market trends, including opportunities and competitor activities in market assessments.
- Contributes to innovative thought leadership expertise, such as leading the development of complex, market-valued intellectual capital.
- Leverages their business network for contacts in target market to generate leads and brings ideas on innovative ways to identify and pursue new cross-functional sales opportunities, where appropriate.
- Leads development of the sales pursuit strategy and assembles and effectively manages the sales pursuit plan.
- Demonstrates the ability to successfully close the sale and generates enthusiasm in potential clients about working with the Firm.
Clipped from: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/medicaid-senior-manager-at-deloitte-3099806472/?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic