What You’ll Do
In a few words…
Abarca is igniting a revolution in healthcare. We built our company on the belief that with smarter technology we are redefining pharmacy benefits, but this is just the beginning.
There’s something to be said of things that bounce back, return like boomerangs, or hop out graves and come back to life. Some call it resilience, but we like to think of that as a karmic rebate. At Abarca, we handle lots of different rebates, most of which are not karmic at all (unless you count the rebate powers of our Manager of Rebates Operations, as karmic). As the ultimate master of rebates, you stand at the top of the highest tower in Abarca overseeing the everyday (or night) duties pertaining to financial rebates (in other words, the blood that keeps you and your minions alive). Your superhuman attention to detail and strategic eternal mind supervises all aspects of the manufacturer’s rebates world, system capabilities, billing, reconciliation, and allocation of payments for Medicaid clients. You can see it all! In addition, you’re responsible for designing, structuring, and reporting rebate analytical information. Sorry, but there is no escaping the reports, not even for the Nosferatu.
The fundamentals for the job…
- Oversee the rebates billing process to manufacturer companies related to pharmacy and medical claims for Medicaid Drug Rebates Program (MDRP) and supplemental rebates;
- Provide guidance to Rebate Analysts and support manufacturers with problems related to invoicing, payment allocation, reconciliations, adjustments, and disputes management;
- Track and prioritize rebate activities on an ongoing basis (We could have just written this one, but we like to elaborate.)
- Assist with assessing and communicating critical information for maintenance of the rebate system, including contract amendments and other changes that impact the rebate process. (Unfortunately, your telepathic communication skills won’t work in this case.)
- Oversight reporting for customer, internal use, state, and federal requirements;
- Develop and maintain policy and procedure documentation, quality control integration, process improvement, and compliance oversight;
- Build and maintain expert level knowledge of rebate-related business requirements including contractual service level agreements
- Coordinate cross-functional activities with the Technology Department and other areas on Rebate System Improvements, and ensure data reporting and operation efficiency;
- Identify and analyze performance trends and provide management with recommendations
- Provide support in generating and analyzing medical claims billing and interest invoices;
- Help with the preparation of monthly management reports, accompanying schedules, worksheets, and narratives, and quarterly and annual regulatory filings
- Lend a hand with special projects and provide support on all company audits related to rebate processes (Don’t worry, you’ll get to keep at least one hand.)
What You’re Made Of
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field (In lieu of a degree, equivalent relevant work experience may be considered.)
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in with Drug Rebates Management or related field
- Previous experience leading cross-functional initiatives or project management
- Experience in the healthcare industry, claims processing, Federal Medicaid Drug Rebates Program (MDRP), Supplemental Rebates for Medical and Pharmacy claims processing, 340B and/or COB claims
- You should be a self-starter with unabated interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills with a proven track record of completing analytical tasks or problem solving (How’s your Wordle game?)
- Your Microsoft Office Suite skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) are Queen of the Damned level and you surf (the internet) better than Kelly Slater.
- You must be able to communicate effectively (read, write, speak, meme, be offended, rant out loud and telepathically, etc.) in English.
Nice to have… (Like a fresh stash of blood at twilight. I mean, you can go without breakfast, but really, it’s nicer with.)
- Experience in data systems such as Tableau, SQL, or Rebates
- If you can speak Spanish, we could tell you how much we appreciate you in two languages.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities. (Feel free to float around, turn into a bat, or become mist and move creepily around, it’s up to you.)
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing (Except when you’re navigating departments, of course.)
That something extra we´d love to see…
- Assertive: You know you’re good at stuff and charge with confidence, trusting that the path you have chosen is the correct one. Your ability to listen to other’s ideas and learn from them is a rare strength.
- Driven: You go from 0 to 60 in less than 5 seconds with just a slight push of your pedal. Your juggling skills are impressive, and you never miss a deadline. You compare and compete, striving to excel at everything. Your legs could be dead halfway through a marathon and you would still finish the race because not finishing is simply NOT an option. (A bit unfair, considering you have superpowers and don’t age.)
- Team Builder / Team Player: You are the little dots on the Lego pieces. Thanks to you the pieces come together and stay together so the team can make amazing things.
- Negotiator: Your communication and negotiation tactics are sharp. You’re the type of person that can talk their way out of anything. The FBI calls YOU when they need a negotiator. (Those mind controlling powers were the selling point of vampirism, weren’t they?)
- Strategic: You’ve played every strategy game out there. Your mother claims you were born with a chessboard instead of a placenta attached to your umbilical cord and this could well be true. You’re always 3 steps ahead of the game quickly spotting relevant patterns and issues. You are a hunter after all.
- Solution seeker: You’re attracted to problems like a moth to a flame. But unlike, the moth, problems make you stronger. They drive your motivation, and you don’t stop until you find the best possible solution. Fixer-upper? Bring it!
The above description is not intended to limit the scope of the job or to exclude other duties not mentioned. It is not a final set of specifications for the position. It’s simply meant to give readers an idea of what the role entails.
Abarca Health LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. “Applicant must be a United States’ citizen. Abarca Health LLC does not this time currently sponsor employment visas”
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.