Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $58.8K – $74.4K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Baton Rouge, LA.
Thank you for your interest in The University of New Orleans.
Once you start the application process, you will not be able to save your work, so you should collect all required information before you begin. The required information is listed below in the job posting.
You must complete all required portions of the application and attached the required documents in order to be considered for employment.
The MPRE Coordinator 2 position is part of a three-member team that supports Medicaid’s Justice-involved Pre-Release Enrollment Program as well as other justice-involved initiatives undertaken by Medicaid. The Pre-Release Enrollment Program provides Medicaid coverage for the offender population and is a collaborative effort, working with the Louisiana Department of Public Safety & Corrections (DPS&C) and partners with community groups that work with formerly incarcerated persons. A key role of this position will be to advance the monitoring and evaluation of the program. This position is domiciled at the Louisiana Department of Health’s office in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- Assist the LDH Program Manager in all areas of daily program functions including researching Medicaid eligibility and resolving application issues, ensuring the accuracy of program data, communicating with stakeholders, and periodic program monitoring.
- Work collaboratively with staff of DPS&C’s prison facilities, Medicaid’s managed care plans, and other LDH programs.
- Assist with the coordination, planning and evaluation of Medicaid’s Pre-release Enrollment Program and other justice-involved initiatives
- Assist LDH management with day-to-day tasks and serve as a secondary contact and provide functional back-up support in the unit supervisor’s absence.
- Research multiple databases to resolve individual Medicaid application and enrollment issues for internal and external partners.
- Responsible for data analysis and writing monthly, mid-year and annual reports.
- Represent the department at relevant conferences, regional events and stakeholder meetings. Some in-state travel is expected, including travel to other state offices and correctional facilities.
- Conduct research on topics related to program or target population as needed.
- Assist with the preparation and execution of conference calls, webinars, and meetings.
- Develop and update documentation about the program for internal and external audiences such as operations manuals, reports, white papers, abstracts and fact sheets.
- Facilitate meetings, trainings as needed.
- Assist with data integrity efforts including verifying data accuracy.
- Other tasks as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 1 year professional experience in Medicaid programs, the justice-involved population, or criminal justice system.
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience with writing business documents such as reports, abstracts and memorandums.
- Minimum of 1 year of professional experience with planning and leading meetings, committees, or coalitions.
- Advanced ability to problem-solve and research between multiple computer systems or databases.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Access and Power Point.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to communicate concepts to a range of audiences. .
- Must be able to pass a background check and gain admittance to correctional facilities.
- Master’s degree in health administration, business administration, information technology, or public health, Juris Doctor or other advanced degree in relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience in Medicaid programs, the justice-involved population, or criminal justice system.
- Minimum of 1 year professional experience with data analysis software such as SAS, SQL, R, Python.
- Experience with scholarly journal article writing, submissions and publications.
- Experience with health outcomes/policy research or study/survey design.
Please upload the following documents in the Resume/Cover Letter section.
- Detailed resume listing relevant qualifications and experience;
- Cover Letter indicating why you are a good fit for the position and University of Louisiana Systems;
- Names and contact information of three references;
- Diversity Statement (required for all Faculty positions and any Staff position of Assistant Manager and higher).
See Diversity Statement instructions by clicking this link:
Applications that do not include the required uploaded documents may not be considered.
Posting Close Date
This position will remain open until filled.
Note to Applicant:
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications in their cover letter. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
References will be contacted at the appropriate phase of the recruitment process.
This position may require a criminal background check to be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions at the University of New Orleans may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
The University of New Orleans is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age if 40 or older, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.