Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Job Title: MO Plan President (Medicaid)
Location: St. Louis, MO
Responsible for leading the fiscal, operational management, legislative and regulatory objectives of the Health Plan including running a plan and leading cross-functional teams. A leader must focus on what it takes to win in the market every day, driving the ground game, strategy, meeting the state’s goals and company’s goals, driving growth within the market, implementing community health and population health programs, addressing health disparity gaps while meeting financial, compliance and performance objectives. The leader of the health plan will bring thought leadership and innovations to the state customer, demonstrating the value of managed care. Developing high performing, high potential talent within the team and other functional areas who are mission-driven is critical to success.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Aligns strategy and leadership to achieve business goals and build a culture of accountability with people who are results-driven, innovative and committed to excellence
- Establishes strategies that create or sustain a competitive advantage
- Manages the Profit & Loss of the assigned Health Plan
- Execution on the operating gain, growth, cost of care commitments, revenue and quality accreditation goals
- Collaborates with shared services including but not limited to Provider Services, Clinical, Operations and Quality to reach Health Plan objectives
- Ensures contract compliance, as well as oversight of risk management programs
- Manages customer and regulatory relationships, including state regulatory and legislative processes
- Responsible for strategic growth through local relationships; local community engagement with FQHCs and CBOs; and maximize visibility, innovation, and improve reputation
- Proven track record of leading a highly matrixed team
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates the performance of direct reports. Develops talent.
- 12 years relevant experience, including 8 years’ experience in government-sponsored health insurance programs; managed care or healthplan experience
- Managed Care Organization (MCO) and Medicaid experience required
- Proven track record of progressive responsibility leading teams within a matrixed environment
- Requires a BA/BS in Business, Healthcare Administration or related field or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- Master’s degree preferred
- Travel may be required