This is a 100% Remote Project. The consultant can reside anywhere within USA.
NCDHHS 676105: NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Information Technology Division (ITD) seeks an IT Product Manager to join the Medicaid Enterprise System (MES) project. Technology, Business, and Policy expertise are key.
This role is 100% remote and candidates across the US are welcomed to apply.
The IT Product Manager will serve as a member of the DHHS Medicaid Enterprise System (MES) Program providing IT product management within the MES portfolio. This position will champion our departments key strategies with the goal of creating the opportunity for healthier outcomes for our citizens through clinical and technological innovation. This position is responsible for providing independent product oversight for NCDHHS’ Medicaid products. This oversight may include development and monitoring of the Medicaid Managed Care product strategies, while collaborating with other DHHS divisions and external stakeholders to develop and implement targeted strategies to streamline processes. This position will create user stories, technology roadmaps and customer research in relation to Medicaid initiatives and strategic goals. The IT Product Manager represents DHHS business functions within NC Medicaid and partners with IT to ensure delivery of relevant and impactful software and solutions. This position will interact with the NC Medicaid Business Information Analytics Office, DHHS Data Office, Information Technology Division, Privacy and Security Office, Policy Office, General Counsel, Office of Procurement, Contracts and Grants, among others.
- Leads and direct cross-functional activities that provide effective oversight of Medicaid Programs.
- Manages direct and hybrid reporting relationships and staff, sets priorities, establishes accountabilities, and defines roles/responsibilities to secure necessary resources not under direct supervision, while maintaining peak levels of performance and compliance.
- Collaborates and develops workgroups around product deliverables with Product Owners, Business Leads, Technical Leads and Management.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of products across functions and business segments in healthcare that meet departmental goals.
- Directing the conception, development and implementation of new product initiatives, including current product enhancements.
- Provides feedback and input to senior level decision-makers to develop long-range strategic alternatives for product solutions.
- Communicate project goals and timelines, next steps and results to team members, project managers and the executive team.
- Through a variety of communication/meeting methods, determines the customer’s needs, leads product discovery and translates these into detailed and actionable requirements for the MES PMU.
- Able to assess emerging products and partners to measure and address their potential value or risk to the department, as well as make recommendations on which new technologies to invest in or leverage.
- Provide in-person, conference calls, or virtual trainings on product knowledge, usage and implementation.
- Use database queries to analyze performance indicators, evaluate survey data, define successful criteria for testing and product acceptance.
- Fluently discuss the financial and/or operational benefits associated with proposed product capabilities.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable policies and procedures.
- Manages the product lifecycle from conception through implementation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
In addition the IT Product Manager (ITPDM) is responsible for the successful development of IT systems in support of the Medicaid program. The ITPDM will expressly engage with the business owners to develop the strategy behind how each MES module will support the business requirements definition and will own the translation and specification of all functional requirements. The ITPDM will work integrally with MES IT Program Managers and the MES Systems Integrator to manage the launch of features and systems. The ITPDM will evaluate and analyze work done by Medicaid SMEs, Business and Technical Leads, Data Leads, Engineers, and Architects to ensure the business requested capability, implemented design, and delivered functionality is successful and useful to the stakeholders. Medicaid/Health Care and or Managed Care experience is highly desired and will be preferred.