State of Georgia
The Medicaid Eligibility Specialist (MES) position is part of DBHDD’s SSI/SSDI Outreach, Access, and Recovery (SOAR) Program. SOAR is a federal program designed to increase access to SSI/SSDI for eligible adults and children who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness and have a serious mental illness, medical impairment, and/or a co-occurring substance use disorder.
- Completion of the SSI/SSDI application according to established policies and procedures of the project.
- Hand deliver/electronic transfer of all needed application forms and information.
- Collection of existing medical evidence, including visiting treating sources.
- Coordination and communication with social workers and case managers.
- Linkage and coordination with SSA, referral to and linkage with other needed services, e.g., housing, health care (physical and mental), other supportive services as needed.
- Coordination with representative payee service.
- Ongoing follow-up as needed to ensure individuals are not lost to services.
- Utilizing substantial independent judgment in prioritizing and problem-solving issues.
- Organizing and recording data consistent with project goals and priorities.
- Preference will be given to candidates, who in addition to meeting the qualifications listed above possess the following:
- Completion of the National 4-day SOAR “Train the Trainer” training conducted by the authors of the SOAR curriculum and Policy Research Associates.
- Experience in completing SSI/SSDI applications using SOAR strategies for homeless individuals with mental illness.
- Demonstrate two (2) years experience and knowledge in working with homeless persons and veterans with mental illness in accessing mainstream resources including Social Security Disability Benefits.
- Basic computer skills and able to access and use web-based technology, including the online SSA application
- Experience in collecting data to track performance outcomes.
Company: State of Georgia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Thomasville, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A