With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level.
CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions:
• 2020 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work®
• 2020 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence
• Top 101 2020 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation
• 2020 Healthiest 100 Workplace in America
• 2021 Top Workplaces USA
CBIZ Benefits & Insurance Services is a division of CBIZ, Inc., providing benefits consulting, HRIS technology, payroll, human capital management, property and casualty, talent and compensation solutions, and retirement plan services to organizations of all sizes. CBIZ is ranked as a Top 20 Largest Broker of U.S. Business (Business Insurance Magazine) and a Top 100 Retirement Plan Adviser (PLANADVISER).
Essential Functions and Primary Duties:
- Assisting patients in applying for financial assistance through Medicaid on behalf of our client facility.
- Interviewing patients or authorized representatives via phone or in person to gather information to determine eligibility for medical benefits.
- Obtaining, verifying, and calculating income and resources to determine client financial eligibility.
- Documenting case records using automated systems to form a record for each client.
- Following up with applicants to obtain accurate and complete information within strict timeframes.
- Completing/following up on all forms related to Medicaid eligibility.
- Performing any additional tasks related to the position assigned by the Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of Medicaid and Charity Care.
- Experience working in a hospital environment.
- Ability to speak and read Spanish.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Must be ambitious and self-directed in a fast-paced environment and can perform in a high volume, multitasking setting.
- Must be trustworthy, professional, detail and goal oriented.
- Must have exceptional customer service and excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Must be able to learn and work with Medicaid eligibility regulations.