The Ohio Department of Medicaid (ODM) is committed to improving the health of Ohioans and strengthening communities and families through quality care. In 2020, ODM introduced a new vision for Ohio’s Medicaid program — one that strengthens Ohio’s future and ensures everyone has the chance to live life to its full potential.
Today, more than 90 percent of Ohio Medicaid members are supported by managed care organizations. During the year ahead, ODM will begin implementing a new vision for care; focusing on the individual, a strong partnership among MCOs and the department, and supporting specialization in addressing critical needs.
A program that puts the individual first
Adopting Governor DeWine’s philosophy of service to Ohioans, ODM embarked on an aggressive effort to redesign its managed care program. The goal is to provide more personal, holistic care and supports for millions of Ohioans served by Medicaid. Listening to feedback from more than 1,100 individuals and organizations we identified five procurement goals that would put the individual front and center of Medicaid’s program and policy decisions.
- Emphasize a personalized care experience,
- Improve care for children and adults with complex behavioral health needs,
- Improve wellness and health outcomes,
- Support providers in better patient care and
- Increase program transparency and accountability.
Unless required by legislation or union contract, starting salary will be set at step 1 of the pay range.
Office: Legal Counsel
Bureau: Program Integrity
Working Title: Medicaid Health Systems Specialist (PN:20043125)
The Ohio Department of Medicaid (ODM) is seeking a healthcare professional to be a part of our Data Support team for
the Surveillance and Utilization Review Section (SURS). SURS is part of the Bureau of Program Integrity which focuses
on fraud, waste, and abuse related activities and supports quality of care. As a Medicaid Data Support Specialist, your
Responsibilities Will Include
- Compiling complex, data reports and/or summaries for internal and external entities related to reviewing Medicaid Providers for compliance using a variety of technological systems and applications
- May assist IT staff as an SME in the development and/or testing of technology systems (e.g. Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW)) and analytical systems for decision support
- Establishing standards for data consistency, reporting and analytic support
- Handling confidential records and information
- Coordinating with department staff and systems
The preferred candidate will have experience compiling and analyzing complex data reports.
Completion of undergraduate core program in business administration, social or behavioral science, health or statistics; additional 24 months experience specific to subject area of which 12 months experience in use of spreadsheet and database software.
- Or 24 months experience as Medicaid Health Systems Analyst, (65291).
- Or equivalent of Minimum Class Qualifications for Employment noted above may be substituted for the experience required.
Note: education & experience to be commensurate with approved position description on file.
United States of America-OHIO-Franklin County-Columbus
Ohio Department of Medicaid
Bargaining Unit / Exempt
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Jul 7, 2021, 10:59:00 PM
Agency Contact Information
Clipped from: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/medicaid-data-support-specialist-medicaid-health-systems-specialist-at-ohio-department-of-medicaid-2605801671/?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic