Phoenix, AZ Full Time
Job Posting for Medicaid Consultant – Policy & Operations at Mercer
Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position. Candidates can be based in our D.C., Phoenix, Atlanta, Minneapolis office:
Medicaid Consultant — Medicaid Policy and State Operations
What can you expect?
- The Medicaid Consultant will participate in and help lead projects with GHSC’s clients
- Our clients are primarily State Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) agencies and related agencies responsible for Medicaid and CHIP fee-for-service and managed care programs
- Some of the responsibilities of this role include providing Medicaid and CHIP policy options and operational expertise, project management, team management and client management.
What is in it for you?
- Work for an industry leader with a dynamic and inclusive culture
- An opportunity to work in a small-team environment with a multi-disciplinary point of view
- Make an impact by helping vulnerable populations through the development of meaningful programs
- Excellent growth/advancement opportunity
We will count on you to:
- Participate as a team member and help lead projects to help states develop, implement and improve their Medicaid and CHIP programs
- Manage a variety of state Medicaid/CHIP projects, which includes:
- Managing project logistics, timelines, and milestones to ensure successful project execution
- Participating as a member of the consulting team in developing overall client strategy
- Managing the quality and timeliness of client deliverables and communicating regularly with the project team
- Helping to develop budgets and billing reports
- Participating in client calls and meetings, as appropriate
- Identifying and allocating resources, ensuring work is delegated to the appropriate skill and career level, providing team members opportunity to develop skills and experience
- Assisting with the preparation and timely delivery of clear and concise project team and client communications
- Support program and policy research analyses. Examples include:
- Policy Analysis –review and analyze state and federal Medicaid policy to inform program options
- Contract Analysis – review external vendor and managed care organization contracts, state plans, federal waivers and other documents (e.g., policies, manuals) to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and contract standards or to develop best practice contract requirements for a client
- Research-based Analysis – review and summarize articles from nationally recognized journals on select health care topics such as value-based purchasing, procurement, behavioral health and long-term services and supports
What you need to have:
- BA/BS degree or higher
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Foundational knowledge of Medicaid managed care
- Excellent organization, project management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
What makes you stand out?
- Experience working for a state Medicaid/CHIP program or CMS
- Experience with Medicaid managed care data and reporting
- Project management certification (PMP) or demonstrated project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a remote working environment
To learn more about Mercer’s GHSC practice, please visit www.mercer-government.mercer.com Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.