Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the public and commercial markets. We guide our clients forward towards new futures that build trust in society and your professional skills along the journey. Join us at Guidehouse.
ManagingConsultant, you will be a member of our Healthcare Public/payer practice and part of a team responsible for solving the most complex and strategic issues faced by commercial and public health, specifically in Medicaid managed care. Typically, Managing Consultants work both provide thought leadership and manage deliverables and project teams and receive exposure to a broad range of healthcare projects, including: healthcare managed care models, financial /risk modeling, and actuarial analytic support. You will be working on a variety of small project teams within the company, both receiving and providing regular mentorship from seasoned Guidehouse Consultants, as well as, work with clients allowing you access to senior client executives.
- Contributes to the overall content of engagement deliverables as well as the project implementation plans; leveraging his/her knowledge of: actuarial analytics (including methodologies, model development and modifications), industry reporting and research and client presentation oversight (reports, findings, exhibits and other materials).
- Accountability for the execution of consulting projects to ensure timely and quality implementation of program deliverables, insuring metrics are achieved. Insure appropriate: communication, scope adjustment /documentation and client relationships are made as the project progresses.
- Will help grow and develop Guidehouse’s actuarial team and solutions internally in a way that fosters career development, fiscal responsibility and culture/brand. You will have the opportunity to recruit, retain, train and guide staff to meet the needs of our project/product/documentation work and our people.
- Responsible for maintaining strong client relationships, and assisting in proposal development, managing and writing responses to RFPs, account management and publications/presentations aimed at winning state actuarial program projects.
- Typical project areas include (but not limited to) actuarially sound capitation rate-setting, determining and measuring managed care plan effectiveness, risk-adjustment methods, medical cost trend management, and forecasting.
- Assist seasoned consultants in developing project approach, strategies, and work plans.
- 5-8 years of successive, progressive responsibility within healthcare with a focus on healthcare actuarial consulting for public and/or commercial healthcare payers and/or providers.
experience with demonstrated understanding of actuarially sound capitation rates for Medicaid programs and/or commercial payers –
- Knowledge of innovative payment approaches for healthcare providers, including hospitals, physicians, nursing facilities and other long-term care providers
- 5+ years with supervisory and/or project management experience managing multi-million dollar budgets. P&L management experience a plus.
- Experience and credibility interacting with state officials at the executive and program levels, c-level provider and plan executives, and a strong network within the industry.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, actuarial science or business administration, with an emphasis in data analysis, data grouping and large data sets
- 3+ years of applicable professional experience (e.g. health plan or state managed care data analysis and/or healthcare consulting experience)
- 3+ yrs. experience using SQL, SAS, or other third generation programming language (R, STATA, Python) that drives real value to actuarial work product.
- 3+ yrs. Experience developing analytical models and structuring methodologies
- Excellent quantitative analysis skills and strong data analytics background (financial modeling/planning skills a Plus)
- 1+ yr. of Demonstrated management of mid-size work streams or deliverables
- Proficiency with Excel, including experience in formatting, formulas, pivot tables, etc.
- Ability to travel post-COVID: 10%
- Credentialed ASA or FSA, plus
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- A strong team leader and mentor with a track record of developing mid-level and junior staff.
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
- This position is open to candidate virtually from EST, CST, PST time zone as well as AZ, UT.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
401(k) Retirement Plan
Basic Life & Supplemental Life
Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
Skills Development & Certifications
Employee Referral Program
Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive