MM Curator summary
The article below has been highlighted and summarized by our research team. It is provided here for member convenience as part of our Curator service.
[MM Curator Summary]: Coupla highlights about Planet Centene.
From striking a deal to sell Magellan Specialty Health to allegedly delivering “unacceptable” performance for its Medicaid managed care contract for Illinois foster youths, here are nine stories about Centene that Becker’s has covered since Oct. 31.
1. Centene CEO Sarah London was named among the 118 most influential women in corporate America by WomenInc.
2. Centene holds the largest share of the ACA exchange market in the U.S. at 15 percent, according to a study from the American Medical Association.
3. Centene completed the sale of its Spanish and Central European businesses to Vivalto Santé, a French private hospital group,
4. Centene is selling Magellan Specialty Health to healthcare administration company Evolent Health in a deal worth up to $750 million.
5. Centene named Monte Ford, former CIO at American Airlines, to the company’s board of directors.
6. Centene was named the 56th best employer for veterans, according to Military Times’ “Best for Vets: Employer Survey.”
7. Centene delivered “unacceptable” performance for its Medicaid managed care contract for Illinois foster youths, an investigation from the Illinois Answers Project found.
8. Centene donated to political candidates in states where it is up for Medicaid contract selection or defending itself against overbilling accusations, sometimes through multiple subsidiaries, according to a Kaiser Health News report.
9. Bill and Hillary Clinton were among those who paid tribute at a memorial for late Centene CEO Michael Neidorff.