MM Curator summary
The article below has been highlighted and summarized by our research team. It is provided here for member convenience as part of our Curator service.
[MM Curator Summary]: The Bigs got bigger.
Clipped from: https://www.beckerspayer.com/payer/big-payers-ranked-by-medicaid-membership.html
Centene continues to lead the industry in Medicaid managed care contracts. Humana, with the smallest Medicaid membership of the large payers, plans to pick up more state contracts this year.
Here’s how payers compare on Medicaid managed care enrollees, according to end-of-year earnings reports:
- Centene: 15,974,800 Medicaid members
- Elevance Health: 11,571,000 Medicaid members
- UnitedHealthcare: 8,170,000 Medicaid members
- CVS Health: 2,234,000 Medicaid members
- Humana: 1,137,300 Medicaid members
Cigna divested its Medicaid membership to Molina Healthcare in 2021.