|Baltimore County, MD|
|CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield|
Resp & Qualifications
The purpose of the Manager, Network Analytics is to execute on business objectives with data and to ensure alignment with the vision of the Network Innovation and Strategy team (the business). This individual will be responsible for organizing the technology, processes, associates, and financial resources necessary to address the current and future analytics needs of the business and market across all lines of business (Commercial & Government Programs). Provides thought leadership and acts as a subject matter expert in the designing and recommending of appropriate analytical approaches and methodologies. Provides management responsibility into data-driven insights that inform the business’s strategic direction.
– Manage a team with a focus on the development of analytics capabilities across the company, including self-service capabilities through technology implementation, best practices and training. Ensure team members serve as a trusted advisor to clients on analytics and data. Understands market-specific requirements, including regulatory reporting requirements. Shares findings and recommendations with market network leads based on analytics.
– Interpret statistical analyses and help clients derive meaning from them. Uses analyses to develop and inform network strategy in partnership with business stakeholders. Work with Network Leads to ensure centralized adequacy reporting and accreditation submissions.
– Develop and deliver presentations and reports of analytic findings. Creates data-driven (such as utilization, capacity planning, and general network data) recommendations and presents this to leadership. Organizes data across all lines of business to support sales, business development opportunities, and accreditation submissions. Leverages industry knowledge to interpret data and present recommendations on network strategy. Own reporting tools/vendor management needed to support analytics work and monitors budgeting for tools
– Develop hypotheses and research questions to address clients’ needs. Conduct a wide range of quantitative, qualitative, and mixed-methods analyses to answer clients’ research questions. Work with Director on leveraging data to monitor and track departmental goals.
– Develop analytic frameworks and select appropriate analytic methods to answer clients’ research questions. Develop standardized processes related to data requests to support the business.
– Partner with stakeholders to understand data requirements and with internal and/or external resources to develop tools and services such as segmentation, modeling, dashboard development, decision aids, and business case analysis to support the organization. Oversees vendor contracts and implementation of tools needed to support network analytics work.
– Uses multiple data sets to create reports and data presentations, and eventually creating data dashboards, for leadership and managerial use. Monitors adequacy and utilization of CareFirst’s provider networks across all lines of business.
This position manages people – 1-5
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field. In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.
Experience: 5 years Progressive experience relating to data analytics/data analysis
1 year Supervisory experience or demonstrated progressive experience.
– Data Management\Certified Analytics Professional (CAP)
– Data Management\MapR Certified Data Analyst
– Master’s Degree
– Conceptual data and cloud architecture – understands major native data components in Azure and/or AWS and there relationships and use cases.
– Mastery of relational database theory include SQL and at least one major RDBMS
– Well versed in Big Data scenarios and applications
– Experience with multiple analytics delivery tools, methods, and platforms including PowerBI and/or Tableau
– Understanding of Advanced Analytics use cases and the applications of AI/ML for predictive analytics
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
– Strong quantitative and qualitative skills.
– Knowledge and understanding of analytical tools, such as SAS, Excel, SQL.
– Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
– Ability to train others.
– Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Department: DC Medicaid – Provider Service
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 1/13/21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship