The Louisiana Medicaid Market CFO, Director of Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for P&L oversight and management. The positions’ responsibilities include but are not limited to: budgeting, forecasting, trend analysis and mitigation, rate analysis, contract review, value based risk modeling and state reporting. This Leader will work closely with the Market President, Segment CFO, and State/Association Finance Partners.
The Director, Financial Planning & Analysis collects, compiles, verifies, and analyzes financial information and economic indicators so that senior management has accurate and timely information for making strategic and operational decisions. Evaluates industry, economic, financial, and market trends to forecast the organization’s short, medium, and long-term financial and competitive position. May involve financial modeling, reporting and budgeting as well. Provides input into functions strategy.
- Provide market specific financial leadership in the state Medicaid Market, developing a deep understanding of Humana’s Medicaid strategy, capabilities, business drivers, data analytics infrastructure, operational processes, metrics and best practices
- Provide overall Market P&L management and leadership with budgets, forecasts, financial analysis, trends, projections and analytics.
- Provide Market leader support reporting out on financial results, long term planning and drive the understanding of financial performance and key drivers
- Responsible for financial analysis, identification of month end financial drivers, and forecasting including headcount planning to ensure compliance with state requirements
- Perform financial impact analysis for new contracts and support negotiations
- Develop Market specific strategic plans and objectives, manage against a five year long term plan and coordinate annual budget targets that meet the short and long term plan objectives
- Responsible for identifying medical cost trends and leadership of medical cost improvement initiatives
- Responsible for the business unit’s contribution to corporate
- Provide leadership regarding rate and pricing development
- Provide leadership and support regarding value based program development and administration
- Ensure compliance with all state regulatory financial reporting and overall state contract management
- Develop and manage meaningful relationships with the state Department of Health partners. Apply keen insight regarding the current Medicaid health care regulatory environment and competitive environment, and how the components of Humana’s business model interrelate to make Humana competitive in the marketplace
- Cultivate internal and external business relationships which will serve as resources of technical knowledge and performance improvement
- Lead and develop staff through all phases from recruitment to training and advancement opportunities
- 5 or more years of healthcare financial experience; including 2 years or more of Medicaid financials
- Experience working in healthcare and strong foundation of healthcare financials
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 or more years of technical experience
- 5 or more years of leadership experience
- Must reside in Louisiana for this role.
- Director level position
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Clipped from: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/louisiana-medicaid-cfo-director-financial-planning-analysis-at-humana-3149576872/?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic