Description Medicaid Program Manager (WMS2 / ETS) 71044515
Per Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 21-14 state employees must be fully vaccinated. Your vaccine status will be verified upon acceptance of a contingent job offer.
Please note, medical or religious accommodation may be available once an offer of employment is made.
Medicaid Services is looking for a seasoned Program Manager who is comfortable leading a team of professionals to accomplish complex technical goals within the Medicaid Management Information System – ProviderOne.
The ideal candidate would be an extremely organized facilitator with excellent writing skills who enjoys collaborating.
About the Division :
Medicaid Services, within the Division of Enterprise Technology Services (ETS), is responsible for providing contract oversight for ProviderOne operations and leadership for Medicaid system enhancement and funding efforts.
In addition, Medicaid Services is responsible for the administration of the ProviderOne system, a mission critical provider payment system.
ProviderOne is a federally certified Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS). ProviderOne also supports Medicaid programs administered by the Department of Social and Health Services and medical payments by the Department of Corrections.
ProviderOne processes over two million claims per month and processes / pays claims in excess of $13 billion annually to providers of services to Medicaid clients statewide.
About the position :
The Medicaid Program Manager is a senior technical expert and managerial professional responsible for directing and controlling the critical IT Enhancement Projects and Medicaid Enhancement implementations.
The position has responsibility for project management of HCA’s Medicaid Enterprise System’s release work plans for large enhancements as assigned, status reports, vendor payment deliverable review / acceptance issue resolution, risk identification and mitigation process and project close-out and transition to operations.
This position operates in a complex authorizing and governance environment with a very diverse set of Project stakeholder interests.
As a result, this position must be able to direct, lead, facilitate and coordinate work among a variety of internal and external Project stakeholders and must be able to direct the resolution of technical and business issues between HCA staff, partner agency technical staff and vendor technical staff.
This position is eligible to telework and is typically not required to report on-site. Duties
Some of what you will do :
- Direct and control of all components of the assigned Medicaid Enterprise System enhancements including ProviderOne application technology architecture as enhanced to support design functions and operational capabilities.
- Collaborate with external partner operations and vendor staff to ensure detailed work plans are developed and maintained for all technical tasks and deliverables, Develop HCA Enhancement Project status reporting mechanisms and maintain up-to-date status reports in accordance with established reporting cycles.
- Direct of planning of enhancement implementation, assess technical and business operational readiness and coordinate with HCA ProviderOne, DSHS and HBE operations staff for development of integrated Operations and Maintenance and CMS certification processes.
- Supervises management analysts in documentation and reporting activities. Manages the work of Management Analysts and other internal SMEs to maintain or enhance existing Medicaid processes.
- Provide expert technical ProviderOne leadership and work cooperatively with executive management, division directors, program managers, and other stakeholders internal and external to HCA to develop technical solutions and enhancements within the ProviderOne application.
- Collaborate with HCA Enterprise Architecture in development and ongoing updates to HCA’s federally required Medicaid Information Technology Architecture (MITA) 5-year roadmap specifically related to business, information, and technology architectures strategy documents.
- Independently serve as an expert professional / technical consultant with responsibility for the management of ETS / P1O Service Level Agreement (SLA) with contracted vendors.
- Actively track, analyze, and report Vendor’s performance levels and compare against the criteria established in the SLAs to enforce performance penalties as necessary, prepare list of Issues, investigates root causes of performance gaps and proposes corrective actions, and executes detailed performance improvement.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business / Public Administration, or closely related field. Information Technology project management experience may substitute year for year, for the Bachelor’s Degree.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience as an Information technology project management professional working with mission-critical payment and / or eligibility systems.
- Five (5) years of experience with Medicaid Enterprise Systems (MES) and / or Medicaid, Health and Human Services or Public Health policies.
- Experience providing leadership or supervision to technical staff and highly skilled professionals.
Desirable Qualifications :
- A working knowledge of the HCA organization, mission, and goals.
- Knowledge of HCA and Washington State Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) project management and governance principles and processes.
- Experience using expert project management skills, to include a strong understanding of techniques and methodologies necessary to support the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
This includes requirements definition, design, development system / integration testing, end user acceptance testing, conversion, training and implementation.
In addition, project management methodologies around scope control, configuration management, risk management and mitigation, issue management, communications and change management.
- Applied knowledge of the Washington State personnel policies and labor relations.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent initiatives and balance quality of work with aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex operational and technical information both orally and in writing, facilitate meaningful communications with non-technical policy makers and stakeholders, negotiate agreement with contractor and with stakeholders with differing demands and expectations across a broad spectrum managerial administrative and professional staff including the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, contracted vendors HCA, HBE and DSHS staff, federal and state auditors, internal and external customers and private sector consultants.
Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with development and management of service level agreement key performance indicators and other related metrics.
- Ability to support effective communications within and across the Division, throughout the Agency and with a variety of external stakeholders, Ability to resolve complex MMIS system problems and develop strategic recommendations for system changes, ability to think analytically and strategically, and create innovative solutions.
- Ability to sponsor and / or lead workgroups and work teams to achieve high quality results.
- Expert with Microsoft Project, Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Commitment to quality, diversity and public service values including a demonstrated commitment to providing superior customer service.