Medicaid Business Development Leader – Remote + Location : National +50 Miles away from nearest PulsePoint, National +50 Miles away from nearest PulsePoint + Job Family : BUS >
Strategy, Planning & Execution + Type : Full time + Date Posted : Jun 28, 2022 + Req # : PS74116 Description Build the Possibilities.
Make an extraordinary impact. Responsible for positioning and capture execution of Medicaid health plan procurement and reprocurement opportunities, managing the strategy and preparations for upcoming Medicaid RFP’s;
partners with Plan Presidents to lead the cross functional team of health plan leaders and business development to identify gaps, mitigate risks, and develop solutions and strategy in months prior to an RFP.
Location : Remote any US location How you will make an impact : + Monitor and evaluate white space opportunities to make go / no-go recommendations to executive leadership.
- Develop and execute plans for the pursuit and capture of all Medicaid managed care procurement opportunities, including Alliance partnership opportunities.
- Leads the cross functional team of Growth Partners, Health Plan leaders, and Alliance partners (as applicable) to develop winning strategies and identify and mitigate risks and opportunities.
- Participates in bid decisions and develops recommendations for gate reviews. Collaborates with Health Plan Presidents and Health Plan leaders to understand current and emerging customer needs and requirements.
- Obtains market intelligence and competitive data to develop market strategy. + Participates in all levels of proposal development and draft review, providing active feedback and recommendations for improvement.
- Provides mentorship and coaching to other members of the broader Business Development team. Qualifications – External Minimum Requirements : + Requires a BA / BS degree in a related field.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in strategic planning and business development in Medicaid programs; to include leadership / management experience in health care management, marketing products, and managing significant business results;
or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. + Up to 30% travel may be required.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences : + MBA, MPH, or MPP. + Proven successful past performance leading capture and proposal activities for significant opportunities ($1B and more).
- Previous P&L and / or business development experience and project management experience in Medicaid managed care setting.
- Experience in a capture function or executive leadership function for a managed care based product for state Medicaid agencies.
- State Medicaid agency experience or federal agency experience with CMS. Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health.
Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health.
Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities and making healthcare simpler.
Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve.
You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change.
Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19.
If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide and Elevance Health approves a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate.
Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws. Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 Worlds Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion.
To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contactability icareerhelp.comfor assistance.
EEO is the LawEqual Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran Please use the links below to review statements of protection from discrimination under Federal law for job applicants and employees.
EEO Policy Statement + EEO is the Law Postero + EEO Poster Supplement-English Version + Pay Transparency + Privacy Notice for California Residents Elevance Health, Inc.
is an E-verify Employer Need Assistance?Email us (elevancehealth icareerhelp.com) or call 1-877-204-7664