HC FINANCIAL CONSULTANT
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
HC Financial Consultant
Salary: $60,000 – $70,000
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a HC Financial Consultant. This position in on the AHCCCS Actuarial Team. The successful candidate will assist the team with capitation rate development, and help monitor the financial stability of the Contractors that provide medical care to members for five programs.
* Preparation of financial, encounter and any additional analysis to support the AHCCCS Actuaries.
* Preparation of all program reconciliations including calculation of directed payments.
* Preparation of the Rural Hospital Payment.
* Databook liaison.
* Preparation of Capitation and reconciliation information for the Contractors and the AHCCCS website.
* Other duties as assigned as related to the position
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs):
* Financial Analysis principles;
* Accounting and financial reporting
* Health Care programs and principles and models of prepaid health programs
* Audits or reconciliations.
* Project Management Skills
* Financial statement review and analysis
* Work independently.
* Finance or accounting related degree, C.P.A. or Master’s level degree preferred.
* Experience with Medicaid managed health care programs preferred.
* Combination of five years’ experience with capitation rate setting or financial analysis required.
Clipped from: https://jobs.azahcccs.gov/hc-financial-consultant/job/17121645?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic