SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Growth Director – Medicaid
Responsible for leading the relationship of a business unit (Provider Network and Programs) with internal growth partners, to ensure effective articulation to state customers of our provider collaboration, contracting, and management strategies and value propositions.
Duties specific to this role:
- Supports Growth Director, Business Development, and Proposal Management processes related to the development of business unit responses to state procurements, requests for information and/or comment, policy position responses.
- Engages with the health plans, Provider Services Organization and other stakeholders to facilitate capture of strategic and tactical information for current market reprocurements and product expansion procurement opportunities
- For specified initiatives, leads business unit RFP response development process, including functional strategy sessions, gathering information, review, and editing of responses in development, collaborating with Proposal Management, Growth Directors to support the competitor and Anthem capability research, and populating the SharePoint libraries.
- Researches Anthem capabilities, new initiatives, competitor capabilities, and responses to RFIs/RFPs and other prospective revenue expansion opportunities.
- Evaluation of potential partnerships and business processes for provider related initiatives in Medicaid business unit
- Oversees, creates, identifies, and leads profit and growth initiatives that yield positive membership growth and positive operating gains as measured in the annual goals. Responsible for product strategy as it pertains to the line and region of business.
- Collaborates and coordinates work with other departments within the business unit, and many matrix partners within the company, including but not limited to Finance, Quality, DBG, Actuarial, IT, Specialized Populations, and HCM.
- Reports various results through various venues as well as to the leadership team.
- Requires a BA/BS degree in a related field; 10 years of leadership/management experience in health care management including strategic planning and project/program management; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Medicaid provider network experience (contracting and/or servicing) is required.
- Experience with the RFP process is required.
- Must have strong PC skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Must have strong presentation skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Some travel may be required.
- MBA preferred.
Applicable to Colorado Applicants Only
Annual Salary Range*: \$152,880 – \$191,100
Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level.
* The hourly or salary range is the range Anthem in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. The Company may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remain in the Company’s sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs, and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and . An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.