The Financial Planning & Analysis Lead is acritical leadership role with full market financial oversight over the South Carolina Medicaid market. This is an exciting opportunity to build relationships with close to 6,000 members, with significant projected growth over the next year. The position analyzes and forecasts financial, economic, and other data to provide accurate and timely information for strategic and operational decisions. The Financial Planning & Analysis Lead works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
(While this position supports the South Carolina Medicaid market, but the candidate is not required to live in South Carolina.)
The Lead, Financial Planning & Analysis collects, compiles, verifies, and analyzes financial information and economic indicators so that senior management has accurate and timely information for making strategic and operational decisions. Evaluates industry, economic, financial, and market trends to forecast the organization’s short, medium, and long-term financial and competitive position. May involve financial modeling, reporting and budgeting as well. Provides input into functions strategy.
- Provide market specific financial leadership in the state Medicaid Market, developing a deep understanding of Humana’s Medicaid strategy, capabilities, business drivers, data analytics infrastructure, operational processes, metrics and best practices
- Provide overall Market P&L management and leadership with budgets, forecasts, financial analysis, trends, projections and analytics.
- Provide Market leader support reporting out on financial results, long term planning and drive the understanding of financial performance and key drivers
- Responsible for financial analysis, identification of month end financial drivers, and forecasting including headcount planning to ensure compliance with state requirements
- Perform financial impact analysis for new contracts and support negotiations
- Develop Market specific strategic plans and objectives, manage against a five year long term plan and coordinate annual budget targets that meet the short and long term plan objectives
- Responsible for identifying medical cost trends and leadership of medical cost improvement initiatives
- Responsible for the business unit’s contribution to corporate
- Provide leadership regarding rate and pricing development
- Provide leadership and support regarding value based program development and administration
- Ensure compliance with all state regulatory financial reporting and overall state contract management
- Develop and manage meaningful relationships with the state Department of Health partners. Apply keen insight regarding the current Medicaid health care regulatory environment and competitive environment, and how the components of Humana’s business model interrelate to make Humana competitive in the marketplace
- Cultivate internal and external business relationships which will serve as resources of technical knowledge and performance improvement
- Lead and develop staff through all phases from recruitment to training and advancement opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting
- 8 or more years of finance and/or accounting experience
- Knowledge of complex accounting and financial transactions for internal and external reporting
- Ability to lead and manage special projects that may necessitate cross-functional partnerships
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or a CPA strongly preferred
- Experience advising senior leadership on financial strategies
- Prior Medicaid healthcare industry experience working in Finance/Accounting
- This position supports the South Carolina Medicaid market, but the candidate is not required to live in South Carolina and can work fully remote from anywhere in the U.S.
For this job, associates are required to be fully COVID vaccinated, including booster or undergo weekly COVID testing and wear a face covering while at work. The weekly testing will need to be done through an approved Humana vendor, and unvaccinated associates should follow all social distancing and masking protocols if they are required to come into a Humana facility or work outside of their home. We are a healthcare company committed to putting health and safety first for our members, patients, associates, and the communities we serve.
If progressed to offer, you will be required to: Provide proof of full vaccination, including booster or commit to testing protocols OR Provide proof of applicable exemption including any required supporting documentation. Medical, religious, state and remote-only work exemptions are available.
- WAH requirements: Must have the ability to provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office. Associates or contractors who live and work from home in the state of California will be provided payment for their internet expense.
- A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 25×10 (25mpbs download x 10mpbs upload) is required.
- Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role.
- A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
Just To Name a Few
At Humana, we know your well-being is important to you, and it’s important to us too. That’s why we’re committed to making resources available to you that will enable you to become happier, healthier, and more productive in all areas of your life.
- Work-Life Balance
- Generous PTO package
- Health benefits effective day 1
- Annual Incentive Plan
- 401K – Immediate company match
- Well-being program
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Student Loan Refinancing
If you share our passion for helping people, we likely have the right place for you at Humana.
Social Security Task
Alert: Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants being considered for an interview will be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from Humana@myworkday.com with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana’s secure website.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence inviting you to participate in a Modern Hire interview. In this interview, you will receive a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded or text message responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed, and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Scheduled Weekly Hours