This position may be telework eligible on a hybrid basis; the selected applicant must complete the initial training period prior to being eligible to telework. All requests to telework are reviewed on a case-by-case basis and must be approved by ODM’s Chief Human Resources Officer.
The Ohio Department of Medicaid (ODM) is committed to improving the health of Ohioans and strengthening communities and families through quality care. ODM is implementing the next generation of Ohio Medicaid to fulfill its bold, new vision for Ohio’s Medicaid program – focusing on the individual rather than the business of managed care.
The goals of the next generation of Ohio Medicaid are:
- Emphasize a personalized care experience
- Improve care for children and adults with complex behavioral health needs
- Improve wellness and health outcomes
- Support providers in better patient care
- Increase program transparency and accountability
What You Will Do At ODM
Office: Legal Counsel
Bureau: Program Integrity
Classification: External Auditor 2 (PN: 20042207)
The Ohio Department of Medicaid is seeking an audit professional to be part of our Bureau of Program Integrity. This position focuses on the prevention and detection of fraud, waste, and abuse. This position is in Franklin County and may require travel. As an External Auditor 2, your responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring Medicaid providers for compliance through onsite and desk reviews
- Audits and onsite reviews may include a variety of providers and partner state agencies and may have a higher concentration of effort with specific provider/agency types for certain periods depending on data analysis, risk assessment, known issues, changes in regulations, industry trends and/or overall complexity of the audits or reviews
- Participating in monitoring efforts coordinated with other ODM or non-ODM teams
- Working independently or collaboratively with bureau staff (e.g., reviewing provider payment claims and data related to payments or individual care)
- Assisting with provider education and working collaboratively with other affected ODM bureaus
- Handling confidential records and information, and using a variety of tools to analyze and understand relevant data
What’s In It For You
At the State of Ohio, we take care of the team that cares for Ohioans. We provide a variety of quality, competitive benefits to eligible full-time and part-time employees. For a list of all the State of Ohio Benefits, visit our Total Rewards website! Our benefits package includes:
- Quality, affordable, and competitive medical benefits are offered through the Ohio Med PPO plan.
Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance
- Dental, vision and basic life insurance premiums are free after one year of continuous service.
Time Away From Work and Work/Life Balance
- Paid time off, including vacation, personal, and sick leave
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Childbirth/Adoption leave
Ohio Public Employees Retirement System
- OPERS is the retirement system for State of Ohio employees. The employee contributes 10% of their salary towards their retirement. The employer contributes an amount equal to 14% of the employee’s salary. Visit the OPERS website for more information.
The Ohio Deferred Compensation program is a 457(b) voluntary retirement savings plan. Visit the Ohio Deferred Compensation website for more information.Completion of undergraduate core coursework in accounting, business administration, computer science or related field; 24 mos. exp. in auditing or accounting which must have included 12 mos. auditing exp. in accordance with auditing standards or in accordance with prescribed management policies &/or procedures as specified on agency position description.
- Or 4 yrs. exp. in auditing or accounting which must have included 2 yrs. auditing exp. in accordance with auditing standards or in accordance with prescribed management policies &/or procedures as specified on agency position description.
- Or 12 mos. exp. as External Auditor 1, 66461.
Or equivalent of Minimum Class Qualifications for Employment noted above.
Clipped from: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/external-auditor-2-at-ohio-department-of-medicaid-3066168257/?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic