Excelraise, LLC is a rapidly growing full service IT solutions integrator and talent management company headquartered in Denver, CO. Our valued client*s includes fortune 500 companies, Government Agencies.
Currently we are looking for a qualified individual to work as a MySQL Database Administrator with our direct client
in Clemson, SC.
***This is Onsite Position***
Our direct client is seeking a MySQL professional with the knowledge and experience along with comparable communication and interpersonal skills to enable success on this high-visibility project.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The MySQL DBA is responsible for working closely with both the project development team (scrum/sprint teams) and with the Clemson Database Administrators to provide MySQL DBA support for numerous application and infrastructure databases.
- The MySQL DBA role has four major attributes: software development leadership, project management skills, people skills, and domain knowledge in enterprise class multi-tier web-based application development projects. Candidates must display excellence in all areas.
- Previous experience in health care related information technology, insurance information technology, Medicaid Management Information Systems (MMIS), Medicaid eligibility, or social services eligibility, while not absolutely necessary, will be helpful.
- Proven MySQL DBA experience in supporting enterprise applications in Linux environments, preferably Redhat or Oracle Linux.
- Experience with MySQL cluster
- Understanding of IT development and implementation projects.
- Understanding of database scalability and operations.
- Project planning experience, including effort estimation on technical tasks and resource allocation.
- Strong written and oral communications skills, including the ability to give presentations to project management. Strong proficiency in English is required.
- Impeccable integrity. This project will have very high visibility and will impact significant expenditures of public funds. Candidates must be confident with their abilities to make correct decisions and the courage to speak out when necessary.
- Willingness and ability to effectively engage with people and organizations on a continuous basis.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server is desirable, but not required.
- Hands-on experience with managing MySQL performance and availability 24×7.
- Experience with configuring monitoring and alerting for MySQL databases and clusters.
- Hands-on experience with MySQL upgrades, patching, and re-hosting.
- Healthcare industry experience and/or experience managing PHI/PII data.
- MS SQL Server knowledge and support experience is a plus, but not required.
- Vendor management experience.
- Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) experience
- Medicaid operations experience.
- Public sector experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical, business, or related field. Masters degree is desirable.