Elena is the Executive Director of the New England States Consortium Systems Organization (NESCSO), where she has served for the past 4 years. Before her time at NESCSO, she played various roles in Rhode Island HHS agencies, including Medicaid Director.
Highlights from this episode
- Defining interoperability in terms of the CMS final rule.
- Defining what data the rule requires to be shared by Medicaid agencies, especially around adjudicated encounters/claims
- Member identity verification for data exchange in third party applications
- Limits to states’ authority over whether to provide data to 3rd Party Apps, or what happens after the provide it
- Expected member interest / appetite for more access to data.
- Impact of expiration of the HITECH Act funding