Found in: S US – 4 hours ago
Los Angeles, CA, United States KPMG Full time
Historically, the travel requirement for this position has ranged from 80-100%. The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities, and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts. For now, all KPMG business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only. At some point in the future and with the safety of people as the critical factor, the travel requirement will likely increase, possibly to previous levels, but KPMG is committed to balancing client requirements with new delivery capabilities.
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don’t anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you’re looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking a Director State and Local CA Medicaid in Customer & Operations for our Consulting practice.
- Manage and deliver large, complex public services and state/local government engagements that identify, design and implement creative business and technology services for Medicaid government clients
- Develop and execute methodologies and solutions specific to the public sector and state/local government industry coupled with proven experience with Medicaid and MMIS modernization, with preference for prior work with large Medicaid programs in the western United States
- Handle engagement risk, project economics, planning and budgeting, account receivables and definition of deliverable content to help to ensure buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels
- Develop and maintain relationships with many senior managements at state/local government agencies, positioning self and the firm for opportunities to generate new business
- Evaluate projects from a technical stance, helping to ensure that the development methods used are correct and practical; evaluate risks related to requirements management, business process definition, testing processes, internal controls, project communications, training and organizational change management
- Manage the day-to-day interactions with client managers
- Minimum ten years of recent experience in the Health and Human Services Medicaid solution delivery market, working for a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solution provider or consulting organization with a minimum of eight years of experience managing large, complex technology projects on the scale of a State Medicaid Maintenance Management Information System (MMIS) solution along with proven experience with Medicaid and MMIS modernization
- Bachelor’s degree of technical sciences or information systems from an accredited university or college
- Prior experience and has served in a team supervisory role on at least one MMIS implementation and one MMIS M&O engagement such as Program Manager, Module Project Manager, Solution Architect, Technical Solution Lead, or Quality/Testing Manager
- Demonstrated experience leading teams of more than twenty staff, including staff from diverse organizations to successfully implement and operate technology-based solutions; experience and relationships with states in the western United States preferred
- Hands-on experience with the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Medicaid Information Technology Architecture (MITA), Medicaid Certification Lifecycle, associated toolkit and CMS checklists
- Capable of presenting Medicaid topics to large, varied audiences in either written or verbal presentation format and experience in working on customer proposals or deal capture teams in the State Medicaid market
- Travel may be up to 80-100%
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm’s compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
At KPMG, any partner or employee must be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to any KPMG office, client site or KPMG event. In some circumstances, individuals who are not fully vaccinated may also be required to have a reasonable accommodation to not be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.