The Population Health Strategy Director is responsible for improving the quality of care and outcomes while managing costs for a defined group of people. This role requires an in-depth understanding of how organization capabilities interrelate across the function or segment. Candidate must reside within the state of Louisiana.
Humana’s Bold Goal is to improve the health of the communities we serve as evidenced by more healthy days. The Population Health Strategy Director identifies health needs such as chronic diseases or disabilities, or the health needs of the under-served and advises executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) that positively impact Social Determinants of Health (Food insecurity, Transportation and Housing challenges, Isolation, etc.) This leader will work collaboratively to deliver high-impact partnerships and programmatic strategy.
Responsibilities Include The Following
This is an exciting opportunity to develop, lead and implement comprehensive population health strategy and interventions in partnership with leadership and business units.
- Oversee the MCO’s strategic design, implementation, and evaluation of population health initiatives based on a deep understanding of scientific population health principles
- Sponsor and champion MCO and system-wide initiatives, including cultivating the support necessary to achieve the desired operational objectives for each initiative
- Liaison with Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) on population health activities
- Develop and implement operational plans that address the market opportunities/challenges and align with the established population health goals.
- Build and maintaining sustainable strategic relationships with community partners, state agencies, and providers.
- Lead a team of specialized professional associates focused on positively impacting Social Determinants of Health for Medicaid members in the community
- Create evidence-based, scale-able and financially sustainable population health solutions.
- Consult with Market’s and all Humana Lines of Business to expand “Bold Goal” population health strategies through plan operations
- Success in this role will be based on the ability to work on multiple projects, influence without authority, pivot as priorities change and navigate ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing, social work, health services research, health policy, information technology, or other relevant field
- Minimum five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience in population health, service coordination, ambulatory care, community public health, case or care management, or coordinating care across multiple settings and with multiple providers.
- Minimum three (3) years of leadership experience.
- Experience working in Medicaid and preferably in a managed care setting.
- Ability to analyze data and make data-driven recommendations for quality improvement
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to develop effective relationships with a broad array of people internally and externally, including community partners.
- Experience with program planning, implementation, and evaluation
- Ability to take personal initiative and work independently, as well as part of a team
- Ability to meet deadlines in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Advanced Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experience
- Candidate must reside within the state of Louisiana.
- Master’s Degree
- Travel: up to 25% to Baton Rouge, LA and vicinity
- We will require full COVID vaccination for this job as we are a healthcare company committed to putting health and safety first for our members, patients, associates and the communities we serve.
- If progressed to offer, you will be required to provide proof of full vaccination or documentation for a medical or religious exemption consideration where allowed by law. Requests for these exemptions should be submitted at least 2 week prior to your scheduled first day of work.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Clipped from: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/director-population-health-strategy-louisiana-medicaid-at-humana-2827874289/?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic