The Director of Pharmacy is an experienced managed care individual responsible for drug formulary design and development across government and private fully insured as well as self-funded products and rebate contracting. Integrates program implementation and risk management to improve quality, control utilization and costs, and enhance sales. Responsible for a wide variety of clinical, administrative, financial and regulatory challenges. Responsible for the direction, supervision and management of the Pharmacy Network, Pharmacy Staff, and pharmacy related contracting.
Bachelors Pharmacy and Masters Related Field or Doctorate Pharmacy
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Pharmacist Illinois
Three (3) Managed Care and Two (2) Supervisory. Must have managed care pharmacy experience and have spent time in the managed care industry either with a PBM or with a health plan or health insurance carrier. Experience in developing formularies and managing drug spend for commercial and government sponsored Health Plans (Medicare/Medicaid). Experience in developing strategies to manage specialty drug spend. Experience mentoring or overseeing staff, budgeting, reporting, etc
Ability to organize, interpret and distill large volumes of data formats and accurately communicate issues to physicians, pharmacists, employers, administration, and Health Alliance staff. Ability to create and utilize cost benefit analysis (pharmacoeconomics).
- Communicates to all providers, changes in benefits and management which would affect their activities.
- Conducts solicitation, negotiations and contracting with pharmaceutical manufacturers.
- Develops and maintains appropriate audit systems to manage pharmaceutical discount/rebate dollar flows.
- Develops and maintains reporting required by internal staff, customers and drug manufacturers. Provides ongoing feedback to the Director of Sales regarding training and development needs, market conditions, competitive information, sales & marketing tactics, broker relationships, and metrics within the sales process.
- Direct various personnel functions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisal, promotions, transfers and disciplinary issues.
- Responsible for ensuring that all pharmacy network, claims system and other related operating activities meet and support the programs of the Pharmacy Department.
Clipped from: https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_Carle/external/gateway/viewFromLink.html?jobPostId=18125&localeCode=en-us