Director, Medicaid Market Access and Public Policy
Alnylam is the world’s leading RNA interference (RNAi) company.
Founded in 2002, Alnylam was built upon a bold vision of turning scientific possibility into reality by harnessing the power of RNAi for human health as an innovative new class of medicines. We are a growing biopharmaceutical company with three approved medicines and a robust pipeline of investigational medicines focused in four strategic therapeutic areas: genetic medicines, cardio-metabolic diseases, infectious diseases, and central nervous system (CNS) and ocular diseases, including several in late-stage development.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Alnylam employs over 1,500 people in 19 countries and is rapidly growing globally, with additional offices in Norton, Mass., Maidenhead, U.K., Zug, Switzerland, Amsterdam, Netherlands, and Tokyo, Japan. Alnylam is proud to have been recognized as one of The Boston Globe’s Top Places to Work six years in a row (2015-2020), a Great Place to Work in the U.K. and Switzerland two years in a row (2019-2020) and a Science Magazine’s Top Employer two years in a row (2019-2020). Please visit www.alnylam.com for more information.
The Director, Medicaid Market Access and Public Policy will focus on several key areas for Alnylam success: Access to Alnylam therapies in Medicaid programs; the creation and execution of state contracts, primarily value-based agreements; state governmental engagement; and monitoring and assessment of state policy issues.
Medicaid Market Access
- Conduct outreach to and engage Medicaid agencies, managed care Medicaid organizations, and Medicaid pharmacy benefits managers (PBMs) in prioritized states.
- Organize meetings for clinical presentations for Alnylam programs, pipeline reviews and to discuss optimal patient access. Work with Medical Affairs (Medical Outcomes Science Liaisons (MOSL) or MSLs) to engage states on prior authorization or coverage policy requirements.
- Organize meetings with prioritized state Medicaid agencies to review options for value-based agreements and contracts.
- Lead the execution of value-based agreements by reviewing state Medicaid contract templates, editing templates to include program-specific amendments, and working with Alnylam’s Public Policy, Legal, and Commercial teams as well as outside counsel to finalize contract proposals.
- Lead the assessment of any state-requested supplemental rebates, analyze options for response, align internal teams and provide timely responses to states.
- Work with Medical Affairs, Commercial, Legal and Public Policy teams regarding approaches to ensure patient access to Alnylam programs in states with drug price cap or similar laws.
- Develop reporting materials for Alnylam colleagues regarding execution of Alnylam Medicaid strategy. Maintain Medicaid dashboard which provides real-time information about state meetings, coverage and access.
- Support the execution of Alnylam’s Medicaid strategy through engaging state governmental entities (governors’ offices, state administration, state legislatures) to introduce Alnylam therapies and Alnylam’s approach to patient access.
- Develop, as needed, educational materials (slide decks) for use in Medicaid meetings, in partnership with Commercial, Medical, and Legal teams.
- Lead cross-functional meetings with Medicaid and state policy consultants: set agendas, identify action items, send around post-meeting notes with deliverables and follow up items.
- Liaise and support Alnylam’s field reimbursement team regarding specific reimbursement or payment and access matters.
State Public Policy Analysis & Strategy
- Monitor and assess the state policy and regulatory landscape to ensure that Alnylam is aware and in front of emerging policy issues.
- In partnership with Global Public Policy and Government Relations team, analyze state public policy proposals, identify priorities, and develop slides or educational materials to present to Alnylam colleagues regarding risks and opportunities.
- Create strategies for engagement with state government officials, patients, and stakeholders to support achievements of public policy priorities and that address risks to Alnylam’s business and patient access.
- Engage and support trade associations (BIO, state biotechnology associations) to advance Alnylam’s policy positions and to support those organizations’ advocacy and policy engagement. Serves on BIO state policy and appropriate regional committees.
- Influence and actively participate in the development of state government legislation and regulations to ensure a favorable environment for Alnylam programs and patient access (e.g., step therapy limits, etc.).
- Work with Alnylam patient advocacy team to support engagement by disease advocacy groups on state policy matters.
- Find opportunities to create coalitions among companies interested in similar state-level issues.
Education & Background Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree. Graduate Degree preferred.
- 8-10 Years of work experience required, preferably in biotech, pharmaceuticals or healthcare.
Other qualifications: Skills and Attributes
- A record of success engaging state Medicaid agencies to achieve access for innovative products is required. Experience with rare disease products is desired.
- Familiarity with innovative contracting strategies in Medicaid, such as value-based agreements (VBAs).
- Significant experience with state government engagement across multiple states.
- Expertise in state public policy issues and analysis of impacts across various stakeholders and operational aspects.
- In-depth background in the analysis of state government processes, laws, and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross-cutting role that interacts effectively across numerous expertise areas such as market access, legal, medical affairs, patient advocacy, and commercial.
- Ability to provide internal partners with timely, accurate and well written information to communicate opportunities, threats, and business interests at the state level.
- Desire and interest to be a “content creator” with strong writing and PowerPoint skills, and ability to simplify complex political or regulatory requirements in writing. Meticulous attention to detail and commitment to high quality and timely work product.
- A “roll your sleeves up” attitude and ability to manage and prioritize multiple issues and tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong communications skills, an ability to present ideas and information, and ability to lead meetings with external or internal partners.
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Travel 30% depending on meetings in states and state issues.
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals is an EEO employer committed to an exciting, diverse, and enriching work environment.
Clipped from: https://helponebillion.com/job/0abaf1eb416c08631a7a14d852b077a7/Director-Medicaid-Market-Access-Public-Policy?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic