As part of the Data Strategy team for the Government Business Segment, the Data Governance team uses governance and quality best practices to support operational, technological, and analytic efficiencies and enhancements across the Medicare and Medicaid lines of business. Team responsibilities include, but are not limited to: risk assessment, data quality auditing, metadata management, and knowledge management.
The Product Owner is a member of a cross-functional Data Governance team and helps translate business needs across multiple data areas into targeted solutions. In coordination with the Medicare and Medicaid Data Governance Lead, the Product Owner is responsible for defining the vision, scope, and prioritization of product development and enhancement. The Product Owner also reviews the quality of the product that the team produces, and provides expert content/professional leadership on complex assignments and projects.
The Product Owner exercises considerable creativity, foresight, and judgment in conceiving, planning, and delivering initiatives. While focused on providing thought leadership within the Data Governance team, the Product Owner also works on broader projects, which require a deep understanding of the wider business. This individual will work with business, technology, and solution teams across the Medicare and Medicaid lines of business to define User Stories and prioritize the team backlog, and will be responsible for guiding the team on story estimates and sequencing.
This position is with Evernorth, a new business within the Cigna Corporation.
- Uses data governance knowledge and practices to provide comprehensive consultation to business and IT stakeholders
- Serves as product owner as part of an Agile team
- Collaborates with disparate stakeholders to define and prioritize solution needs
- Drives priorities to execution with clear understanding of business value across Medicare and Medicaid lines of business
- Provides guidance and clarification to cross-functional Data Governance team, including backlog grooming, sprint planning, testing, and project prioritization
- Understands business priorities and converts them to Features, User Stories and Technical Designs to build and prioritize the product backlog for sprint teams
- Works with team on a daily basis in providing inputs on user stories and removing road blocks
- Provides timely communication of progress and blockers to stakeholders and Data Governance leadership
- Reviews quality monitoring data to provide guidance on, and prioritization of, remediation engagement efforts
- Supports the strategic implementation and development of best practice data governance initiatives
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive experience with Medicare and Medicaid products
- Experienced in data management, data quality, and data governance practices
- Self-driven and able to function with minimal direction from Manager
- Has the ability to engage business and data stakeholders to resolve questions or issues
- Must have the ability to handle multiple and sometimes competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a quick learner and a team player
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Able to strategize across complex, cross-functional projects and initiatives
- Experience in Agile Methodology and previous experience as a product owner for Agile teams
- Familiarity with SQL
- Drives Engagement
- Manages Ambiguity
- Drives Vision and Purpose
- Organizational Savvy
- Strategic Mindset
- Manages Complexity
- Ensures Accountability
- Cultivates Innovation
- Interpersonal Savvy
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
Clipped from: https://jobs.cigna.com/us/en/job/21003937/Data-Governance-Product-Owner-Government-Business-Segment-Medicare-Medicaid-Evernorth?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic