The Office of Attorney General Keith Ellison — one of Minnesota’s largest public law offices and recognized as a 2021 Star Tribune Top Workplace Minnesota and 2022 Top Workplace USA — has a clear mission: we help Minnesotans afford their lives and live with dignity, safety, and respect. We are a dynamic group of dedicated professionals who could all work elsewhere but choose public service as a calling, and we are actively building an internal culture that supports that calling.
The Office is currently seeking a Data Analyst in the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit (MFCU) of the Office. The MFCU conducts criminal and civil investigations into health care providers suspected of defrauding the Minnesota Medicaid program.
A successful candidate in this position will be able to:
- Review, analyze, organize, and sort large volumes of data
- Generate reports to support the investigations within the MFCU
- Review the allegation(s) being investigated, the applicable Medicaid program rules, and the relationship of those components to the claims data and/or relevant data obtained from state agencies or insurance companies
- Work with large, complex data sets
- Synthesize findings into comprehensive reports
While most duties are in an office environment, analysts may also be called upon to assist with the execution of premises search warrants, as well as assist with the review of evidence seized during search warrants. Analysts are required to testify in Court about their findings at criminal jury trials.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1 year of professional experience in an analyst position using Microsoft Excel, including demonstrated experience with pivot tables, VLOOKUP or index/match functions, power query, and creating VBA macros
- Basic knowledge of the Minnesota Medicaid program, medical coding, and basic investigative techniques
To be considered at the LA6 level, candidates must have 5 years of related experience.
- 3 or more years of professional experience in an analyst position using Microsoft Excel, including demonstrated experience with pivot tables, VLOOKUP or index/match functions, power query, and creating VBA macros
- Experience working in a criminal justice system
- Experience testifying in courtroom proceedings
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short- and long-term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation, and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Public service with this office may qualify applicants to have part of their student loans forgiven under a federal student loan forgiveness program for state government employees. (Visit https://studentaid.gov/manage-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service for more information.)
Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence, and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.
Clipped from: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/data-analyst-medicaid-fraud-control-unit-at-office-of-the-minnesota-attorney-general-3044689875/?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic