Resp & Qualifications
The Controller is to manage and deliver timely accurate and informative financial data and analysis, ensure internal compliance and safeguards of corporate assets and issue and enforce appropriate policy.
- Reviews monthly financial statements, questions and reviews all financial data submitted, holds business reviews, and communicates and provides guidance to the business.
- Provides data and financial analysis in support of external customer requirements, Group/Corporate data calls and audit requests. Evaluates financial plans by identifying financial outcomes and potential returns.
- Delivers reliable and precise execution of day-to-day Business Operations responsibilities including cost accounting, revenue recognition, subcontractor financial management, At Risk coordination, forecasting and EAC development, variance analysis, and cash flow management (to include timely unbilled analysis/reconciliations).
- Collaborates with Corporate Compliance to support all Medicaid audits, reviews and examinations conducted by internal audit staff. Directs and oversees internal Medicaid risk assessments, to ensure that appropriate staff are fully aware of objectives and that they can produce and maintain suitable records, reports, and files which adequately document planning, execution, and reporting for all relevant activities pertaining to the regulations, including documentation and storage of policies and procedures. Develops and implements internal compliance monitoring procedures. Ensures conclusions, findings and recommendations for improvement or corrective action are appropriately presented to management staff for review, and verify that all findings are accurate, complete and objective.
- Maintain and improve a system of internal controls to safeguard company assets and reduce the risks of fraud and misstatement of financial records.
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field. In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.
Experience: 10 years progressive experience in an analytical role within a financial services or professional services company
Preferred Qualifications: MBA, CPA
Experience in working with and/or knowledge and understanding of one or more of these financial and accounting topics are desired:
- Accounting, including Statutory Accounting for Insurance Companies and related Quarterly and Annual Statement filings
- Financial Reporting requirements of MD and DC Medicaid
- Medicare Part D and related settlement
- Risk Score for both Medicare and Medicaid
- Rate Setting processes for Medicaid
- CMS Bid Development for Medicare
- CMS Payment Methodology and Data Structure – MMR, PPR, etc.
- Risk Based Capital
- Financial and Regulatory Audits
Department: MD Medicaid – Finance
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 10/29/21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship